The Kano Peace and Development Initiative (KAPEDI) is a not-for profit, non-governmental organization established for the promotion of peace, harmonious co-existence amongst all the peoples of Nigeria resident in Kano and for the promotion of good governance and the overall social and economic development of the State and its people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Director-General will be the chief operating officer of the organization in charge of the implementation of its policies and programmes.
- He/She will report to the Board of Trustees through the Management Committee of the organization.
- He/She will lead an initial small but dynamic team of staff which will be expected to grow modestly within a few years.
- The successful candidate will be required to be in regular contact with a cross-section of the Kane community including youth groups the business community, women groups arid government ministries and departments as well as civil and community leaders.
- The candidate will also be in regular contact with donor agencies and other development agencies within Nigeria and overseas.
- The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, a post graduate qualification in the Humanities Law or Social Sciences and a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, be computer literate and be familiar with the workings of national and international development agencies.
- Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa languages.
- Any additional language skill will be an added advantage.
- The position is available for an initial period of two years.
- Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience, but will be competitive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications including the curriculum vitae of the candidate and set out qualifications, experience and working history including current or last pay. Applicants should also provide names of three referees that may be contacted to provide confidential reference on the applicant.
Applications should be sent to:
The Secretary KAPEDI,
P.O. Box 895,
Or Sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale