Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Working with and reporting to the MSION’s Operations Director, Regional Manager (RM) is mainly responsible for overseeing the coordination of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of selected suites of MSION’s activities which include Social Franchising, Outreach including Training, Coaching and Mentoring (TCM) and other projects in 2 – 5 states of assigned region.
- Coordination of MSION’s BlueStar and TCM Programme Activities - Support state teams in the development of annual and quarterly budgets and financial performance targets and support the SFM/TCM in monitoring budgetary management and performance
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the work plans and resource needs of all MSION’s BlueStar and TCM programme staff and partners
- Ensure proper understanding of all franchised programmes, including linkages and collaborations for service provisions at the region. Also provide leadership in the development of regional activity plans based on programme outputs.
- Support state level planning, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection.
- Facilitate cross synergy of all related BlueStar and TCM programmes including sales and distribution activities in the states within assigned region where MSION projects are domiciled.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation - Collate and analyze all team member’s MIS and narrative reports on all projects within the SF/TCM for onward transmission to the Manager
- Produce first level regional programme reports promptly for all projects under the BlueStar
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as document and publish best practices within the region.
- Advocacy and External Relations - Lead in the collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including Government, other Implementing Partners, and internal stakeholders within MSION to achieve project and organisational deliverables.
- Act as the focal person for MSION at the regional level including representing MSION at high level meeting/platforms where necessary
- Coordinate store requisition, coordinate procurement issues within the organization at the regional level
- Provide guidance on the proper use, handling and maintenance of all MSION properties
- Ensure judicious use and accountability of fund disbursed to region/states.
Qualifications and requirements
- First degree or equivalent in health/biological sciences, Arts, social sciences, pharmacy or communication art.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years cognate experience
- Possession of Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and MUST possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Must have prior practical experience in management of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment
- Must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the people
- Must be computer literate and be at ease with report writing.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to email@example.com not later than Wednesday 23rd December 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.