Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact's vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development."
We are seeking highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill the below position of:
- The Project Director will collaborate with external partners operating programs for the management and treatment of childhood illnesses.
- The Project Director is responsible [hr meeting the projects technical objectives. managing financial resources, managing program staff. maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners. managing donor reporting and ensuring high-quality delivery of services.
- The Project Director reports to the Country Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the project’s results framework and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements
- Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual work plans, guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports
- Ensure that proper program monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and functioning, and work together with program stall’ and partners to track progress made towards reaching project objectives and targets and make adjustments needed based on program performance data.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with external partners. including the donor, CSO partners, state and local government, international NGOs and other stakeholders.
Finance & Administration:
- Provide oversight for all administrative and financial operations at the state office
- Maintain up to date understanding and adherence to Pacts policies and procedures amongst all regional office staff
- Monitor progress against the budget and assure timely and high-quality monitoring and reporting of finances, focusing on performance
- In cooperation with Pact Nigeria's HR, oversee the management and on hoarding of state office stall to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce and promote an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed within the project team
- Provide proper supervision and management for all direct reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of Pact’s performance management system (hr direct reports. This can include: proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching and identifying necessary staff development for direct reports.
- Actively promote staff wellness by monitoring regional office organizational health and taking corrective actions as needed. Invest in consistent team building to increase cohesion between staff in all geographic areas of the country.
- Along with the Security Coordinator, support the management of Security and Safety Administration by developing and updating a staff and asset security plan in line with the local context and in alignment with Pact Nigeria/DC security guidance: keeping key Pact staff abreast of any security issues, as they arise.
- Minimum MA/MPH/M.Sc and at least 8 years of relevant experience (or equivalent) in childhood illnesses, and other child related wellness and well-being activities including but not limited to treatment, protection and care for children, orphan and vulnerable children support. child nutrition and related areas of child support in Nigeria
- Demonstrated personnel management experience, including at least 4 years of supervisory experience; strong interpersonal, team building and communication skills:
- Excellent representational skills and building of rapport with state government and agencies international and national donors, international, national and local NGOs, etc.
- Experience in capacity building for state and non-state partners
- Ability to manage complex interwoven activities, and move a project towards its goals
- Strong budgeting experience, especially in performance based management
- Strong analytic and critical understanding;
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Ability to travel regularly and at short notice to sometimes challenging settings within Nigeria.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social welfare systems in Nigeria. in particular the health sector in Nigeria. specifically Pneumonia and Diarrhea as well as other Childhood illness.
- Experience managing internationally funded programs with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain complex systems and procedures involving multiple implementation sites, multiple partners and diverse beneficiaries;
- Fluency in English required: with proficiency in Hausa and other regional Nigerian languages preferred.
- Financial planning skills including pipeline analysis.
- Analysis of burn rate and ensuring compliance with donor financial & contractual regulations
- This is a local position with no expatriate allowances.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org All CV's/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale