What You Will Do
- Set the global vision, strategy, and overall retail approach for academy management including ideal staffing, processes, and accountability measures in order to maximise operational efficiency and drive revenue
- Develop the recruitment, training, on-going professional development, and compensations structures that will best prepare and motivate academy staff, particularly Academy Managers and their supervisory line
- Develop systems and tools to ensure pupil admissions, timely fee collections, and ongoing retail and consessions purchases hit the targets required
- Develop systems and tools for supplies, vendors, grounds, and overall inventory management in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness at the academy while maintaining a smart appearance
- Work with the Global Director of Customer Strategy to develop pricing communications and loyalty programmes that ensure timely payments from parents as well as affinity/word of mouth
- Work with the Academic Team to develop programmes for Academy Managers to better manage, support, and mentor their teachers
- Define global budgets and timelines throughout the academy lifecycle for purposes of maximizing pupils growth and academy revenue, liaising with other departments as needed
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities; partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in at least three of the following: human-centred design, customer strategy, innovation, retail, communications, marketing, or sales
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up experience preferred
- Experience growing an existing organisation is a major asset; experience working with a chain preferred
- Experience working in developing countries and/or with low income customers highly encouraged
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (business, management, sales, retail management, organisational behaviour), graduate degrees preferred
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Passionate about Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
Above all else, we’re looking for ambition, organization, drive, intellect, problem solving, and respect for others. You will report to the Chief Experience Officer and will manage a small global team of 2-4 people.
Nigeria or India preferred. Kenya, Uganda, or DC possible, too. 25%+ travel will be required.