Our client is a pacesetter in the supply of equipment, technology, and services; this includes Mobility Solutions, Energy, Industrial & Building Technology etc. As a result of expansion, they require the services of a Technical Trainer/Instructor with experience in the use of Power Tools & Equipment.
The hired applicants will ensure the smooth and effective functioning of Technical Training events and special projects. This person will manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct technical training programs in Nigeria and neighbouring countries e.g Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, etc.
- Develops and conducts programs to train employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment in installation, programming, safety, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment, such as programmable controllers, and robot controllers, following manuals, specifications, blueprints, and schematics, and using handtools, measuring instruments, and testing equipment.
- Writes training program, including outline, handouts, tests, and designs laboratory exercises, applying knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and programming, and following machine, equipment, and tooling manuals.
- Explains what the device is made of, how the different parts work together as an assembly, how a machine conditions the following one step and finally teaches them which part of the machine is responsible for what function.
- Lectures class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment, following outline, handouts, and texts, and using visual aids etc
- Demonstrates procedures being taught, such as programming and repair, applying knowledge of electrical wire colour coding, programming, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, using handtools, measuring instruments, and testing equipment, and following course outline.
- Train employees/client about the correct method of maintenance for each and every device, so as its life cycle to be maximized. Aspects which concern the safety of the staff member, who is working with these machines, will also be covered, as this is important in order to prevent work accidents.
- Provide training perspectives for projects; needs analysis, create training plans and strategies for significant technology changes/upgrades, ensure execution of development, and delivery; train subordinate trainers to enable them to deliver training.
- Assist clients (Senior Technical and Senior Business Staff) with remote recording of information and use of applications to document business processes; develop knowledge management programs for clients.
- Contribute to client management and maintaining relationships with clients (end users, up to Program Managers, Customer Service Managers and Team Lead levels).
- Mentor less experienced team members and assign related duties.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrates information into training program.
- May install, program, maintain, and repair robots in customer’s establishment.
- Any other duty of related responsibility assigned from time to time.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- The technical training instructor should be graduated from a technical university of any kind, so that he/she could have a strong theoretical basis to apply in the world practice.
- As for skill, he/she should be an organized person, able to synthesize a great quantity of information and present it as clearly as possible; should possess strong communication skills, so as to make herself/himself understood by his “students”.
- He/she will be able to use many examples in order to make his/her point clear and to explain abstract concepts and theories by using simple and accessible words, so that everyone understands.
- The ideal candidate MUST have been in the same position in a Power Tool & Equipment industry for a minimum of 5 years.
Salary & Application:
Salary is between N 350, 000 – N400, 000/m (depending on experience)
Method of Application
Qualified Technical Trainers with experience in the Power Tools & Equipment Sector should send updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Technical Instructor – the name of present employer’ as subject of mail for example (e. g) “Technical Instructor – tractors-r-us” before 17th November, 2015. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.