MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
• Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
• Provide strategic direction on Enterprise Solutions business planning , business performance monitoring and pricing analysis
• Ensure relevant business rules are applied in the budget process and forecasting scenarios for Enterprise Solutions business performance
• Manage the performance measurement and monitoring of ES propositions / promotion / activity to ensure that it adheres to ES business plan and provide feedback to senior management as requested.
• Develop competitive pricing strategies for MTN Business product plans, solutions and value propositions
• Determine and manage the development of new capabilities to enhance the deployment of solutions and services in all Enterprise Segments (across both Corporate and SME segments)
• Manage business case development and analysis
• Review feasibility assumptions used versus actual behavior in market after launch of product, promotion or activity.
• Provide strategic direction and oversight on business performance reporting metrics (subscriber, revenue, margins, churn) of all ES
• solutions and services across all key segments
• Provide analysis and advice to Management in areas of client acquisition, analytics, churn management, revenue enhancement, margins, pricing and customer data knowledge management
• Define and manage Enterprise Segment customer lifecycle management (CLM) framework in conjunction with the Segment Managers
• Ensure integrity of ES financial modeling projects.
• Manage process for Enterprise segment Competitor knowledge, monitoring and analysis
• Ensure quality assurance for all business plans, pricing analysis and data generated for reporting
• Review and assess competitive price reactions scenarios
• Manage ad hoc projects as directed by GM/CESO
• Normal MTNN working conditions
10 years working experience which includes:
• Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• Demonstrable experience in business intelligence and analytics, business planning and marketing insight
• Experience in business development
• Forecasting principles.
• International Accounting Standards.
• Business planning /Financial analysis
• Telecoms market – Basic Telecoms Fundamentals
• Business to Business marketing training
• Strategic marketing and competitive analysis
• Management development programmes
Minimum qualification BSc, HND, BA, BEd or BTech
Interested and suitably qualified candidaates should visit MTN Career Page