If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is seeking a Team Leader (TL) for a programme that aims to increase the incomes of poor men and women in northern Nigeria by stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected rural markets; and improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people.
The Team Leader will be responsible for managing the programme, and oversee its strategy, planning and timely delivery. The TL is also responsible for managing the relationship with the client and reporting activities, and for stakeholder and personnel management, financial management and procurement and programme administration. This is a full time, fixed-term role.
Essential Education and Experience Required
- Relevant Masters degree;
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in international development, including 5-10 years in a Team Leader or senior management role;
- Proven track record in leading programme promoting economic growth in rural markets;
- Work experience with big international development agencies (DFID and USAID are preferred)
- Solid knowledge of and experience in West Africa.
- Strategy, planning and delivery of international development programmes in North Nigeria
- Management of programme risk within acceptable parameters
- Management of relationships with international donor organisations
- Timely and accurate reporting experience to donor organisations: including production of inter alia, quarterly progress reports, annual reports, briefing papers in advance of OPR and MTR, etc.
- Management of relationships with the Government of Nigeria, industry actors, business partners etc.
- Capacity building of a large team, performance management experience
- Experience of managing reimbursable financial project resources in Nigeria
- Experience with resource allocation decisions, including the choice and use of personnel and development of budget variations, to be made based on a consideration of past and future commercial project performance and the need to achieve and improve on corporate income targets.
go to method of application »
The Deputy Team Leader - Operations has overall in-country operations responsibility for the project. The Deputy Team Leader - Operations is a senior representative of the company and as such ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to, and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations. The role supports the Team Leader to ensure that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the client are adhered to. The role works closely with and manages the project team of administrative professionals and other support staff. This is a senior position with a high level of responsibility.
Essential education and experience
- A postgraduate qualification in project management, finance, accounting, human resources management, or other related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, with specific experience managing large DFID-funded programmes
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience including setting clear performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation, mentoring and coaching
- In country working experience in Nigeria is essential, ideally in Northern Nigeria states
- Successful track record in delivery of complex programmes
- Strong track record in project operations or business management and administration
- Excellent leadership, representation and organisational skills
- Strong management and people handling skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Ability to operate in complex situations
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organisations/institutions
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers
- Results oriented
Method of Application
Apply on GRM's website using the links below