Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
Do you want to deliver a high quality customer and partner experience through timely and effective response and resolution to customers? Do you like providing strategic vision and guidance for successful implementation of customer solutions through developed trusted advisor relationships and successful integration of Microsoft products into customer engagements? Do you enjoy collaborating with internal groups and teams, partners, industry?
Through trusted advisor relationships and through the optimization and successful implementation of technology, Premier Field Engineers help to accelerate customer adoption and productive use of Microsoft products.
Premier Field Engineers provide reactive and proactive support to Enterprise Customers for the most technically complex or politically sensitive support situations in Microsoft.
Overnight travel is required.
Travel potential up to 70% for transactional PFE’s and up to 25% for those delivering on the Dedicated Support Engineering offering (DSE).
Successful candidates would typically have one or more of these qualifications:
Customer Service Skills:
Competencies in Confidence, Cross-Boundary Collaboration, Impact and Influence, Interpersonal Awareness, Technical Expertise, Building Customer/Partner Relationships, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Strategic Insight, Project Management. Must be able to travel internationally. Must obtain a valid passport within 90 days of joining the team. The successful applicant must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
The EPG Account Executive - Corporate manages a small portfolio of Microsoft’s largest enterprise customers.
This role is responsible for delivering a well-managed, profitable and growing book of business that includes: revenue, annuity relationships, and the consumption of Microsoft cloud products.
This role executes great account planning and team leadership that results in strong relationships with both IT decision makers and line of business decision makers in each account.
The Account Executive is unique in the EPG sales organization because it is this role that is responsible for leading and orchestrating all of the other roles involved in selling to and supporting the customer - as one unified team. Superior execution of team selling ensures that Microsoft is a strategic business partner to the customer and demonstrates that Microsoft has the technical and sales capabilities and capacity to lead our customers in transforming to digital businesses by delivering unprecedented experiences and results.
Experiences Required: Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
The Content Publishing Manager is a key member of the Global Operations team, one of Microsoft’s most dynamic international business groups. As the leader in and face to market and a member of the local Microsoft subsidiary, you are responsible for the overall availability and quality of all forms of content (eg. text, audio, images, video, data) for Windows applications (News, Sports, Finance, Weather, etc) on multiplatform devices (PC, tablet, phone) and on the web.
Our products are created to acquire and engage with users and have them loving their content experiences on Windows. We are partnering with the best Media companies around the world. We have the best engineers to develop these unique products and experiences.
You are responsible for the products, user experience and quality of what we deliver to South African users. You are the primary connection with content and data partners from the on and offline media in South Africa. You lead business development on content partnerships and represent MSN at a national level within the industry.
You own the budget (people and content). You support the monetization and business goals of the South African Advertising & Online (“A&O”) team. You partner with the A&O team and you are a key contributor to their success.
You are in charge of developing and executing a content plan in synch with the overall business plan, as defined by the Global Operations leadership team. You lead the local acquisition of content and data aligned to the overall division’s goals. You leverage content from global deals to enrich the South African user experience. As new platforms and content emerge, you work with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to use those platforms for distribution of content and make recommendations for wider action. You are an ambassador of change throughout the organization, identifying key change initiatives to streamline content development, publishing and business operations.
Your primary goal is to grow audiences and user engagement, including increasing new and returning users, editorial click through, volume of sessions and duration by user. You focus on web page views, video views, share of online minutes and page views per unique users. You boost our apps to become “best in class” from a content experience perspective and our web service to be in the South Africa top 3 ranking by user reach. You manage a local editorial team, interact regularly with multiple teams across the region and various Microsoft business groups within the outside of the local market.
• Deliver “best in class” high-quality content experiences on Windows devices and on the web to South African users.
• Manage the MSN South Africa Editorial team.
• Build audience and engagement and support monetization of product inventory.
• Lead editorial partnerships, negotiate and deal with top level Media groups
• Work closely with the engineering team, including the local Program Manager.
• Leverage the Microsoft online products (eg. Outlook, Skype) to maximize audience.
• Connect with the Microsoft subsidiary and support activity to grow Windows apps.
• Establish and achieve audience and quality metrics and performance goals.
• Guide and support Advertising & Online team monetization of MSN products.
• Provide market expertise in consumers’ adoption and usage (content, technology)..
• Own budget and content agreements for MSN products.
• Support global management in business operations, analytics and management reporting.
Knowledge and Experience
• Strategic visionary and seasoned media leader with management roles in content publishing.
• Proven track record of building successful publishing properties across media and platforms.
• Passion for online media and demonstrable understanding of audience trends and competitors.
• Clear understanding of how to attract, engage, maintain & monetize audiences.
• Substantial business development, contracts and content acquisition experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead direct and virtual teams, locally and internationally.
• Experience in working in matrix organizations and with remote team members.
• Experience with marketing / affiliate programs would be a strong positive.
• Demonstrable skills in media business leadership.
• Skilled in editorial operational roles.
• Experience of publishing systems and CMS.
• Skilled in MSFT consumer software, especially Excel.
• Strong analytics skills in multiple tools (eg. Chartbeat, Omniture).
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentational experience.
• Excellent command of both English and local languages.
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Deep knowledge of the South Africa media and culture.
• Passion for consumers, technology and premium quality products.
• Highly effective influencer at senior level.
• Mature and co-operative style with partner organizations and teams.
• Strategic and creative thinker, uniting “big picture” ideas with practical execution.
• Commitment to delivering results.
• Excellent diplomatic and relationship management skills.
• Flexible and positive in responding to fast-moving environments.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, charismatic and inspirational.
• Asks for and listens to feedback and suggestions, a continuous improvement mentality.
To apply for these jobs at Microsoft, use links below: