The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Immediate Supervisor: Finance Director
Open to: All Interested Candidates (Internal and External)
- The Finance Manager (Global Funds) will be responsible for Institute-wide management of the Global Funds Operations' Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Director, S/he will work independently to provide direct support to the Global Fund team and operations on the general management of all the Global Funds Grants with particular reference to the finances by; coordinating all aspects of financial management including but not limited to routine financial operations, financial reporting, and budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, sites and regions.
- Reviewing of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds HIV; Malaria, and TB also falls under his/her scope of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual management and statutory accounts. Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the Institute's Global Fund Operations.
- Preparation of Annual Budget (and other activities budget) for the GF-MDR TB, HIV and Malaria Grants
- Preparation of Quarterly Management Accounts
- Preparation of Semester Financial Reports Progress Update/ Disbursement Request (PUDR reports) and EFR for the Global Fund MDR-TB and Quarterly Financial Reports for the Global Fund HIV and Malaria Grants;
- Maintenance of proper records for all the Global Funds USD Domiciliary accounts and NGN cash books and bank accounts;
- Coordinating and ensuring preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all Global Funds Grants across Regional and State Offices including Head office;
- Administration of all payments under Global Funds operations including proper documentation, preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions and standing orders;
- Safe custody of all Global Funds payment vouchers/support documents, cash books, general ledger, financial reports and all other relevant instruments including cheque books, electronic transfer tokens, etc.
- Review of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds HIV; Malaria, MDR TB; and ensuring timely disbursements to sites, regional offices and Sub-Recipients;
- Maintenance of the general ledger of the accounting software - SAGE 300 (ACCPAC) ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers;
- Daily supervision of ACCPAC Data capture and processes, ensuring validation of transactions and other activities on the system;
- Promoting continuous improvement, transactions processing turn-around time, efficiency and automation within the Finance Department;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Finance
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy
- Membership of ICAN or any recognised professional accounting body.
- 8 years post professional qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants should be able to work with little or no supervision and under pressure;
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues and superiors
- Should also be prepared for occasional travel outside Abuja
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask
- Innovative with sound mind.
go to method of application »
Immediate Supervisor: Finance Director
Open to: All Interested Candidates
- Support program implementation by providing onsite needs assessments, mentoring, preceptorship, monitoring and evaluation of healthcare programs.
- Participate in quality improvement and data analysis.
- Participate in program clinical/educational activities.
- Work with staff of MDRTB centres and other focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively address operational challenges (including lab equipment breakdowns, pharmacy stock-outs, staffing shortages, training needs, commodity supply).
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, task-sharing and teamwork among clinic staff.
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring and administrative support.
- The Program officer will carry out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS, BMChM, or MD
- At least 3 to 5 years of post-NYSC.
- Experience in Adult HIV/AIDS Care, TB and MDRTB Care, and Malaria program
- Experience working in Global Fund MDRTB and HIV will be an advantage
- Experience working with State government HIV/AIDS control programs and other stakeholders
- Excellent Computer skills: Word, excel, powerpoint, etc
- Significant program experience in Reproductive and Child Health, HIV/AIDS Programs, IMCI, Global Funds operations, and health systems strengthening in Nigeria
- Experience managing, supervising and teaching medical and nursing staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Key Working Relationship:
- Reports to the Director of Clinical Services and may be posted to an IHVN Regional Office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft word format to the "Associate Director, Human Resources" through this email address: email@example.com
Note: Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.