If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Konga.com is Nigeria's largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Ref: 151006-3
Business Unit: Konga
Reporting Line: Chief Financial Officer
- Provide management with financial and operational performance insights and influence for the Finance and Admin teams.
- His/her responsibilities shall include but not limited to oversight of strategic financial planning and analysis of resource use and development; partnering in budget planning and oversight of budget implementation
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial accounting and reporting:
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status.
- Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Manage the bookkeeping function, using the Simply Accounting Package, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure
- Manage all company payments and ensure payments are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the negotiations and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
- Manage the work and development of staff members consisting of two full time senior accountants and one part time senior
- Responsible for maintaining accurate books and subsidiaries, including the gift card program at the shopping malls.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads
- Prepare or review annual audit work papers and the six-months review work papers for the outside auditors.
- Assist in preparing annual audited financial statements.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing the annual corporate budgets.
- Oversee the functions of the Admin team
- Special projects as required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Must have experience in Admin functions of an organization
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Good communicator
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Sound decision making
Qualifications & Experience
knowledge (include technical knowledge)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and
- Provide recommendations on business issues
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/
- Must be a Chartered Accountant or a Certified Management Accountant
- 14 years of experience, including a minimum of 5 years of supervisory responsibility
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit Konga's career page