Graduate Career Opportunity at Oxfam
Posted on: 6 October, 2015
Deadline: 13 October, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Oxfam
Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty. Oxfam is seeking a Media Lead (Nigeria Emergency) Our program is focused on economic livelihood, gender justice, govemance and humanitarian work with a stronger focus on influencing the power dynamics that create poverty and inequality.
Oxfam is expanding its humanitarian response and advocacy capacity, and an Abuja-based media lead is required to complement this effort. The primary goal for this position is to increase the public profile of this crisis intemationally, in order to mobilize donors and build public awareness.
The main tasks:
- Accountable to the Country Director for the management and delivery of information, correspondence, and organizational procedures related to the agenda and work of the Country
- Director and Oxfam's senior management.
- Be highly flexible with outstanding organisational skills, the ability to juggle the demands of the
- Country Director and Country leadership Team, to effectively respond to constantly changing demands. .
- Ability to manage an extremely busy diary, organising meetings, arranging travels induding visa and ensuring that materials are ready for meetings.
- Ability to be involved in ad-hoc projects, or event management and research as required.
- Ability to develop new ways of doing things that will help to make CD and CIT work run as smoothly as possible and provide business support for the day-to-day running of the CD's Office.
- Ability to understand how large-scale organisations operate and handle everything with diplomacy and sensitivity - maintaining the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Upon request from the Country Director and/or the Country leadership Team or similar governance groups, produce, assimilate, analyse and use program and other information from varied sources and disseminate them accordingly.
- Management of a network of relationships across affiliates and a wide range of internal and external partnerships and alliances so as to ensure consistency of messaging across a range of information and communication needs.
- Support the Country Director and the Country leadership Team or Similar governance groups on the quality of all outgoing information products, processes, and documents, and guarantee that approval procedures are in compliance with standards.
- Support the One Oxfam change and implementation process and ensure that change documentation and associated communications and reports are delivered successfully inside Oxfam in Nigeria and to regional governance groups.
- Work with the Country leadership Team to develop materials associated with program activity, and eventually summarize working meetings and similar events.
- Support the Country Director and the Country leadership Team or similar governance groups in other relevant tasks and special assignments.
- The candidate will have a sharp mind, great relationship development skills and a cool head under pressure.
- Have numeracy skills meaning, the person will have no problem handling a substantial budget.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A good university degree.
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position please email your application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment in English to email@example.com to the attention of The Recruiter, not later than October 13, 2015. For questions on this position you can contact, Doris Nwankwo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OxfamSimilar Jobs
- Livelihood Program Officer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Consultant (Local Facilitator) at Creative Associates International
- Community Access Advisor at IPAS Nigeria
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Assistant Vehicle Fleet Manager (VFM Assistant) at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Cashiers at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Purchase Officer at Solidarités International (SI)
- Human Resources Manager at Malaria Consortium Nigeria