The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The State Program Assistant, Strategic Information will be involved in the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the state.
- S/He will support the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met.
- S/He will implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels and ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- Promoting health system strengthening activities at all levels and collaborating with Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities will also be done by the State Program Assistant, Strategic Information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate site level indicator reports and ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of data reported
- Ensure compliance of sites / regions to reporting timelines and reporting lines
- Ensure all reports received from sites and CBOs/NGOs within the state are put on the network shared drive or archived at the state office
- Ensure the availability and utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Monitor stock level of DCTs, make requisition for tools and distribute as required
- Participate in site monitoring, supervision and mentoring
- Attend meetings requiring SI representation as required
- Participate in health system strengthening activities
- Participate in Data Quality Assessments, Joint Data Quality Assessments and Data Validation exercises at the state level
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show regional/state/site progress towards achieving set targets
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at IHVN supported sites and generate reports
- Routine data extraction as required
- Regular update of indicator reports tracker
- Maintain site information data and site list for the state
- Participate in the maintenance and support of Electronic Medical Records system implemented at site
- Responsible for reviewing the monthly data export from the EMR for data quality issues and completeness
- Responsible for ensuring monthly data export from EMR at site level for onward submission to the next level
- S/he will also support improved availability and use of monitoring, evaluation and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional/State SI Officer.
- A University Degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural sciences, Statistics and Epidemiology. Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field
- Experience in data collection, processing and use
- Experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs or related health service programs; experience working with HIV/AIDS prevention and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable
- Experience with the PEPFAR/ Global Funds SI system highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Data management and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends.
go to method of application »
- Central Office and Regional GF Program Medical Officers (Adult ART) will provide support in the implementation of the Institute's HIV prevention, treatment and care program across the country.
- Support program implementation by providing onsite needs assessments, mentoring, preceptorship, monitoring and evaluation of healthcare programs.
- Participate in quality improvement and data analysis.
- Participate in program clinical/educational activities.
- Work with site staff, site focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively address operational challenges (including lab equipment breakdowns, pharmacy stock-outs, staffing shortages, training needs, commodity supply).
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, task-sharing and teamwork among clinic staff.
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring and administrative support.
- The Program officer will carry out other duties as assigned. Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field.
- MBBS, BMChM, or MD
- At least 3 to 5 years of post-NYSC.
- Experience in Adult HIV/AIDS Care, TB Care, and Malaria program
- Experience working with State government HIV/AIDS control programs and other stakeholders
- Excellent Computer skills: Word, excel, powerpoint, etc
- Significant program experience in Reproductive and Child Health, HIV/AIDS Programs, IMCI, Global funds operations, and health systems strengthening in Nigeria
- Experience managing, supervising and teaching medical and nursing staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Key Working Relationship:
- Reports to the Director of Clinical Services and may be posted to an IHVN Regional Office
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft word format to the "Associate Director, Human Resources" through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates should indicate the position and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.