Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within Gender team in Kaduna. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
go to method of application »
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Officer will support the implementation of activities that transition girls in school or in informal education into economic activities. This position will ensure ENGINE implementation is responsive to marginalized Nigerian girls, their communities, state and non-state secondary schools, and other skill-based centers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S or equivalent in education, management, social sciences, international development or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in education, gender- focused, skills building program.
- Experience managing large-scale secondary education or school to work and especially targeting marginalized girls or young women programs required. Prefer expertise in at least one of the following areas: accelerated learning programs, Islamic and/or community-based education targeting community acceptance of girl’s education, increasing economic assets through savings clubs and links to financial institutions. Experience using SMS for training or messaging preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Experience with private-sector led initiatives and DFID strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing. Hausa language skills preferred
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Experience working with ministries and government officials, Ministry of Education experience preferred.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit - http://bit.ly/1V5UfQn
Applications submission deadline: 28 September, 2015.
The successful Program Officer will combine exceptional management skills and technical skills with a focus on innovative interventions to engage adolescent girls in informal education and skills building linked with private sector entrepreneurship and employment opportunities in a culturally and religiously conservative environment.
All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.