Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as Project Manager.
The Project Manager will work closely with the NGO's energetic and diverse staff and will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
STRATEGY AND PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in the team discussions for the development of strategy for the wider region
- Share within the team the lessons and knowledge of thematic approaches, particularly experience on civil society strengthening for people centred security provision
- Manage all components involved in the delivery of children’s advocacy center services
- Manage all facets of program quality assurance
- Provide guidance and support to the project partner and its staff members in assessing the context and needs; in planning and implementing activities; and in monitoring and reporting
- Contribute to the development of relations with counterparts (civil society network, partner organisations) and work towards their strengthening through the:
- capacity and needs assessment of civil society network and the partners in relation to organising dialogue among diverse civil society actors and influencing national and international actors for people centred security provision
- development of their understanding, capacity and skills (facilitation, presentation, reporting and networking) to implement public awareness and undertaking effective advocacy activities as well as strengthening their competence
- Assist in the design and delivery of training and other support activities.
- Support the organisation and facilitation of events (dialogue meetings, workshops,training and seminars) with participation of civil society network, project partner and the team
- Support and contribute to research undertaken by the NGO and/project partner/survey companies.
COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVOCACY
- Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies - in co-operation with partners and the team
- Monitor and analyse the official and non-governmental debates on issues relevant to the project
- Represent the NGO in workshops; training and interactions organised by partner organisations
FUNDING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Assist the Executive Director in the drafting of project reports,
- preparing estimates for budgeted activities, monitoring budgets and expenditure, fundraising and proposal development,
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Together with the team, contribute to the monitoring of risks to the safety of team and partner personnel and the development of appropriate responses to manage them.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The Prospect must demonstrate:
- Ability to embrace organizational goals and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to adhere to professional boundaries and confidentiality requirements
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field with some supervisory experience
- 3 years of progressively responsible Management experience in an NGO preferably with International Exposure
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary child abuse response systems
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
go to method of application »
Our client is an NGO whose aim is to stop child abuse in Nigeria. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and capable staff member who will be working as Research Analyst.
The Research Analyst will work closely with the NGO's energetic and diverse staff to provide foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work. write project reports and research proposals.
The ideal candidate will be a talented writer who can translate numbers into stories, or a strong data analyst who can write better each time.
- Gather and evaluate data in relation to ongoing projects
- Identify priority programme areas for implementation of organization’s mission and goals
- Design and implement survey and research study, execute fieldwork
- Process and analyze quantitative data
- Design and undertake qualitative study
- Write project reports and research proposals
- Prepares responses to internal and external requests for information and analysis;
- Collect and maintain information (data and reports) in a well-organized manner to support analyses and for further dissemination;
- Summarize and synthesize reports, articles, and research and share relevant information with the team
- Build and maintain on-going relationships with key stakeholders in government ministries, research organizations, NGOs, and other relevant organizations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Detail oriented, strong primary, secondary and on-line research skills
- Strong communications skills, comfortable working in team
- Previous international exposure/experience preferred
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master or Bachelor degree in Economics, Statistics or related fields
- 3 years’ work experience in an NGO preferably with International Exposure
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical analyses such as T-Tests, ANOVA, and Chi Squares is required.
- Demonstrated experience performing regressions will receive preferred consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Bradfield's Career Page