If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Technology Times Media Limited - We are pleased to inform you that Technology Times Media Limited, publishers of Technology Times Hub on technologytimes.ng, and other titles is expanding its print, online, mobile, digital and other platforms.
Technology Times titles reach audience in Nigeria, Africa and beyond and deliver news and information on the dynamic Nigerian information and communication technology (ICT) sector.
We are consolidating our front-line position as the influential leader in our specialised industry thanks to our creative and innovative editorial team working behind the scenes to keep our growing audience base abreast of news and information from inside the Nigerian ICT sector.
We are looking for energetic and motivated Technology Writers to complement our exciting editorial programmes to expand the scope, depth and diversity of our coverage of the diverse segments of the Nigerian technology industry, to fill the position of News Editor.
- You are the one we want if you have the education, work or practical experience in journalism, particularly the online genre; are quite adept at multi-tasking and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- You must be keenly committed to accuracy in your reporting on all our platforms; have strong writing skills; actively incorporate social media in all aspects of your work as a writer and are extremely enthusiastic about technology innovation, tech people, startups, tech trends and tech newsmakers.
- Our new platforms will offer you an exciting career staff position with competitive benefits.
Your duties may also include:
- Assisting with the maintenance of official Technology Times social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Researching and writing technology and allied stories cutting across all human endeavour;
- Helping to engage readers in comments sections on-site and other platforms;
- Helping to engage readers on social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Assisting with co-ordination of and social interaction during live editorial events online and in real life - live chats, panel discussions, among others;
- Assisting the Editors and your colleagues on the Editorial Team with other social editorial projects as they may arise;
- Photography skills could also be an advantage.
- Persons without necessary computer skills need not apply.
- Technology Writers who wish to work part-time may also apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their C.V., application letter, links to your editorial work online, links to your professional social media accounts and two references to Head, Editorial Team, Technology Times via email only to: email@example.com
Note: Applications that do not include a link to an active and relevant Twitter or Facebook account will not be considered.