Job Offer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
Posted on: 18 September, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company Departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to Company (DW District) via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the Company’s Asset departments/project teams in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, CoVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the Company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Serve as Company’s representative during negotiations of various unitisations involving Company.
- Provide legal support to Contract Engineers in the Contracts & Procurement Department in the adaption of existing contract templates to align with evolving regulatory and administrative requirements and also deal with exceptions and variations to contract terms raised by prospective contractors.
- Prepare and draft agreements / contracts and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations including drafting/review of banking service agreements, performance bonds, guarantees and credit facility agreements.
- Provide legal support to the Non- Operated Assets, Gas Assets & Commercial Departments.
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned by the Legal Manager, DW or the General Counsel
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Provide Company with legal guidance to advance transactions and dealings with third parties
- Assessment of legal risks and provision of appropriate solutions and recommendations
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Deep Blue Energy's Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at AOS Orwell
- Engineering Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Head of Operations at Puma Energy
- Contracts Administrator/Tender Analyst at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- IT Manager at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Oil and Gas Jobs at Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc
- Engineering Vacancies at Brunel Energy Nigeria
- Maventeq Systems Limited Recruiting For Inspection Engineers