If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are a foremost indigenous major marketer of refined petroleum products with a strong presence in the thirty-six states of Nigeria and Abuja.
With well over 500 Forte Oil owned, dealer-assisted and dealer-developed retail outlets spread across the country, a major fuel storage installation at Apapa, Lagos, another major storage depot at Onne, Rivers State, an aviation joint users hydrant in Ikeja, Lagos, and joint aviation depots in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano, we are indeed a major marketer of choice in Nigeria.
Ideas don’t stay hot forever – make it happen!
Do you have what it takes to maximize the potential of your team- and your career?
Develop your career and make a real business difference.
How quickly can you step up? Join the winning team!
- Ensure that all critical equipment are maintained and in good working condition.
- Document all incident reporting and investigation procedures and ensure timely reporting of incidents and near-misses.
- Assist in conducting training of employees to enhance HSE awareness.
- Conduct regular safety Walk-Around inspection at the Liquid Mud Plant and document gaps for prompt closure.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with Liquid Mud Plant employees, contractors and truck drivers.
- Assist in conducting annual HSE self-assessment, pre- Audit assessment, Disaster Preparedness exercise and Fire drill.
- Maintain Administrative contacts with government agencies.
- Ensure personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety goggles, footwear and helmets, are used as stipulated.
- Liaise with various departments organization-wide to determine their safety requirements (training, protective equipment, and corrective measures), report promptly and follow up to ensure timely provision and deployment.
- Assist in the conduct of appropriate safety training for employees as required, to foster health and safety consciousness and understanding of individual roles in implementing the company’s HSE policies.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HSE Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The position requires a sharp thinking graduate of any discipline with at least one (1) year relevant experience in the upstream/downstream oil and gas sector and relevant certification and training in HS&E.
The following skills are essential:
- Baseline/ intermediate appreciation of leading practices in health, safety, environment and quality.
- Intermediate/ good understanding of HSE regulations in the oil and gas sector.
- Baseline/ intermediate appreciation of upstream/downstream oil and gas sector as well as the impact of business operations on health, safety, environment and quality.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good organization skills and attention to details
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills.
- Internal: All employees.
- External: Service providers
Method of Application
Interested candidates whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV with subject: “Safety Officer -
FO/FUS/SO/0915” to firstname.lastname@example.org