Engineering Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 15 September, 2015
Deadline: 28 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), ABUJA Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Ensures effective and efficient resource planning, and scheduling of light vehicles and trucks within the operational area.
- Ensures that maintenance for all vehicles, generators (motorbikes and boats if relevant) is carried out in accordance with ICRC and manufacturer guidelines.
- Ensures that all ICRC Fleet employees, in all locations, observe security, safety and legal requirements.
- Ensures in close collaboration with the Regional Vehicle Fleet Manager and the Logistics Coordinator (LogCo) that the fleet set-up corresponds to the delegation budget and to its operational needs.
- Ensures accountability to fleet assets and its consumables (including fuel and spare parts).
- Visits regularly all Sub Delegations / Offices, in order to provide administrative and technical training and support.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in a similar field
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Good mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Very good computer skills
- Driving license, equivalent to Automobile category or above
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use
- Good organizational skills
- Very good management and leadership skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Adapting to changes and fast learner,
- Responsibility and Autonomy;
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Honest & Trustworthy
- Good Team Player
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 28.09.2015, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Please clearly indicate “Vehicle Fleet Manager" as the subject of your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Emergency Field Coordinator at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International (Readvertised)
- Project Co-ordinator, TEGA at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Crown Agents
- Data Entry Officers at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Job Opportunities at Street Child
- Job Vacancies at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)
- HR Coordinator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Clinical Coordinator at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)