At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers and connect them with employers around the world seeking top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to improve the status quo are only a few of the many resources the remarkable Andela team brings with them.
With the youngest population in the world, Africa is the world’s greatest untapped source of spectacular talent. The four-year Andela fellowship is the core mechanism by which we transform Andela fellows into passionate change agents able to drive current and future tech-enabled growth in Africa and around the world. Guiding and molding these elite young people to achieve their maximum potential is an essential aspect of both individual and organizational success.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a consultant on Curriculum and Learning who can help the organization devise strategies to place perpetual learning at the core of our fast-growing organization. You have a dogged focus on improving student learning outcomes. You know how to build educational programs that can scale and build teams that execute internationally. You must be passionate about Andela's mission and share our values of excellence, integrity, teamwork and passion for our work. We treat our curriculum like we treat software: as an excellent, but incomplete, piece of technology. Your primary objective is to optimize limited resources for maximum knowledge retention during Andela’s training period and beyond to help achieve Andela’s business goals.
This role would primarily be located in Lagos, Nigeria with trips to Nairobi, Kenya and New York, NY, USA.
Scope (subject to refinement with consultant)
- Work closely with business leaders to identify training requirements, priorities and objectives.
- Conduct systematic objective assessments of current training; identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct initial assessment of our training in comparison to industry standards
- Determine what needs to be adjusted to improve execution and knowledge retention.
- Define metrics to effectively measure, benchmark and monitor the impact of learning and development on the business
- Determine what content needs to be developed and process of developing and refining the curriculum.
- Develop a plan to train all current trainers on measuring progress and empower them to train others
- Establish strategy, plan and systems needed to facilitate company objectives via continuing education for team and Fellows throughout 4 year fellowship
- Support the development of budgets, cost projections and comparisons of actual financial data against projections to ensure cost effectiveness
- Develop a plan for marketing the learning function both internally and externally.
- Report recommendations and progress to Andela’s senior team
- Begin to implement recommendations including
- Baseline technical and soft skills assessment pre boot camp and at D0 level, suggested changes
- Mapping of all activities in the training period (MONTH ONE and simulation) to Client Readiness indicators OR other indicators with specific reasons why this skill set is necessary/valuable for client work
- Conduct Training with all current trainers on measuring progress with methods recommended in report
- Demonstration of what changed in first 3 months and the case for why those changes ought to have occurred and how we will see if they pay off
- Deliver weekly verbal reports to senior team on progress and one final presentation
- 10+ years leading development and delivery of educational programs with a focus on engineering/software development and/or project management within the high tech or business consulting industries
- In depth knowledge of human capital needs of current businesses, particularly businesses that require software developers and who operate remotely
- Experience teaching, training teachers, monitoring and evaluating programs, and incorporating learning back into training.
- Demonstrated understanding of scalable learning technologies, training methods, content authoring techniques
- Highly collaborative - 10+ years of confident leadership with the ability to build rapport, confidence and trust among all employees;
- M&E: Able to successfully train and convey importance of measurement and evaluation to large teams with a proven ability to effectively re-incorporate learnings back into training.
- Experienced communicator-- adept at working with senior management in a corporate environment and ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of people from writers to engineers to designers to instructors
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education, Computer Science/Engineering or a related field a plus
Method of Application
Please send a cover letter that does not exceed two pages and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put: Your Name, Application, Consultant, Curriculum and Learning in the email subject line.
OR Use this link to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale