The Branch Manager is responsible for relationship management, marketing, sales and customer account management in the Branch as well as developing and execution plans to meet set targets in volume and margin within the retail outlets in the branch.
The role is responsible for:
- Initiating and marketing Oando’s products to assigned customers and ensuring prompt collection of cash while ensuring each customer remains within the approved credit terms/TAR limit.
- Effectively manage retail outlet dealers to achieve the set objectives for stations in the branch.
- Ensure that the assets of the Company in the retail outlets are optimally utilized to guarantee maximum and faster returns on investment
- Drive established Health & Safety practices and ensure enforcement at the station.
- Ensure availability of accurate and complete documentation for all insurance claims
In addition, the Branch manager is responsible for ensuring the continued profitability and growth of the business form each customer account managed and serves as the liaison officer if the Company in his/her location in terms of relationship management of government agencies, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Retail Outlets:
- Effectively plan and allocate target to all stations
- Ensure that stations orders are followed up with the CCU to avoid stock out.
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure the sales target are fully achieved
- Other efficient and effective supervision including guidance to dealers while initiating business plan/ move to achieve individual outlet set target.
- Actively seek to develop new retail channel business off the forecourt
- Maintain the Oracle Retail database to ensure all information on the retail outlets in the branch are updated and accurate
- Conduct monthly appraisals on dealers
- Monitor competitors activities and provide useful information including statistics that will promote company activities
- Ensure that the company’s policies are strictly adhered to in the running of retail outlets as detailed out in the retail management procedures
- Acquire new retail outlets based on the predetermined criteria & strategy.
- Continuous assessment of stations within branch to identify and develop non-fuel business opportunities, working with the NFR/Networking optimization unit
- Develop the Oando Auto care offer at all new and existing locations to aid increased lubricant drive.
- Ensure CASOMS and ROMS monitoring as agreed with Network Optimization team
- Ensure all partners at the station adhere to set EHSSQ through inspection audit and correction.
Customer Relationship Management
- Act as the primary client interface at the Branch level
- Plan and hold periodic meetings with dealers to discuss their specific issues, toward ensuring prompt issues resolution and seamless operations.
- Plan and hold periodic meetings with customers/counter-party staff to discuss their specific business and product requirements, towards developing a sales plan that will enable the Commercial Business Unit meet those needs.
- Ensure and foster optimal stakeholder relationship with internal business units.
- Follow company approved sales management systems, processes, procedures and policies to ensure all sales and marketing activities are properly captured as documented in ORACLE.
- Prepare weekly supply programs for customers within Branch.
- Manage and administer the company’s credit/TAR policy in all transaction with customers
- Ensure all discount are approved by the Regional Manager.
- Execute effectively, approved sales cycle. Ensure provision of post-delivery customers service support where required.
- Where applicable, implement the online ordering and payment procedure or policy.
Business Management & Performance Reporting
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for your P&L
- Conduct monthly Financial Exposure assessment on individual retail outlets to determine financial status of the stations in the branch.
- Prepare regular analytical reviews of sales performance in relation to budget and competition.
- Reconcile customer accounts and ensure proper documentation; ensure accuracy and completeness of customer statements and also timely dispatch.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the prevailing operating environment to determine the company’s areas of strength and weakness and identify emerging opportunities/threats; ensure analysis covers industry/competitor analysis/benchmarking (pricing, suppliers, customers, existing and new product, business growth patterns), market analysis (trends, technology) etc.
- Act as a Project Manager for all Retail projects within the branch and ensure projects are executed in line with approved OORP procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Manager from time to time.
- Actively drive the sales of Specialty products and ensure agrees LFR
- Follow company-approved sales management systems, processes, procedures and policies to ensure all sales and marketing activities are properly captured as documented in ORACLE.
- Monitor the sales cycle from physical sale to cash collection; ensure that this cycle remains within the standard benchmark set by management.
- Ensure sales are channeled at the times through the highest margins channels.
- Develop and execute approved sales plans for customer within sales area.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase in sales volume, margin & turnover of stations
- Achievement of volume, revenue cost and margin target
- Market share
- Profit generated from new products / services/channels in a given time period.
- TAR variance above limits per customer
- Revenue from new customers as percentage of total revenue
- Territory coverage
- Number of calls per day
- Order per call (Strike rate)
- Achievement of EHSSQ targets set for the retail outlets
Desired Skills and Experience