Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a high-performing, results-oriented professional to serve as Results Measurement Officer.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by Palladium, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development.
The Results Measurement Officer will assist in ensuring that the programme’s results measurement system is used to deepen the understanding of market systems, and improve strategies and intervention design, and foster a culture of honest inquiry, analysis and learning in relation to results achieved. S/he will be required to advise Intervention Managers on conducting results measurement at all levels of their interventions, including analysing information to refine strategy and implementation of Propcom Mai‐karfi work in line with the M4P approach to development. Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out programme monitoring as per the requirements of an M4P programme and the DCED guidelines for Results Measurement.
- Work with the programme team to gather necessary quantitative and qualitative data to support programme work and reporting needs.
- Develop, in collaboration with Intervention Managers and Market Section Managers, results chains and measurement plans for each intervention and market that is assigned to her/him.
- Support the Intervention Managers in planning, projecting, identifying, quantifying and verifying milestones and targets.
- Support the Research Manager and Research Officers in organising and carrying out data collection for various programme uses.
- Support the Results Measurement Team in ensuring that results measurement information is analysed and used for decision making, learning and planning of strategy; particularly with regards to choice of markets, market strategies, intervention designs, revising interventions and reporting.
IV. Required Skills & Experience:
- A degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or any other social science;
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing research projects;
- Experience in business development and project management;
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes;
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel or any other data analysis tool;
- Previous experience using the market for the poor (M4P) approach would be of great advantage.
- Knowledge of the institutions and organisations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria and at the State level;
- Experience or knowledge of relevant northern Nigerian agricultural markets.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- A competitive salary with benefits
The post is domiciled in Abuja, however the incumbent will be required to make frequent travels within Nigeria and particularly to the Northern part of Nigeria.
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in day‐to‐day research design, analysis and reporting within the development sector.
Method of Application
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of two referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: email@example.com.
The closing date for application is September 4, 2015.