Plant Deputy CFO in an International Agro Company
Posted on: 18 August, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading conglomerate company in agriculture, oil, energy and commodities to recruit Plant Deputy CFO for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is an international and European company that specialize in Agro business.
- Control the company’s budget on sit and project progress.
- Make sure of a permanent and accurate follow up of paid/committed/estimated cost at completion.
- Ensure accurate accounting treatment of taxes (VAT, custom duty and other taxes)
Financial & Other Policies/Governance
- Proper implementation of procurement rules
- Strictly follow authorization list to review and approve application and request such as payments, reimbursement, travel and entertainment etc.
- Improve finance control process and policy as well as support other departments to build proper control policy: - Spare part stock management (from ordering to utilization-including delivery and warehouse management.
- Safeguard the interest of both shareholders of the joint venture
- Ensure compliance on all joint venture policies
- Set up accounting system for the plant and its interfaces to other systems (Sock and spare parts management).
- Responsible for documentation of all financial vouchers and vouchers supporting documents
- Responsible for monthly statutory review and quarterly country review for the company.
- Responsible for monthly declaration required by government authorities
- Define accounting rule in accordance with local/IFRS GAAP for capitalization of testing costs
- Ensure inventory is reported with adequate characteristics that will allow adequate valorization (Quality – Quantity – Weight loss – Ageing – Impairment) and organize the process to communicate on a timely manner.
- Local banks relationship – Monitoring of drawdown of fixed asset loan
- Be a control point for all payments and signatures on behalf of the company
- Put in place project cash flow forecast n order to closely follow up needs and manage funding resources
- Make all site production costs transparent to plant manager
- Challenge operational KPIs
- Ensure that any variation is quickly identified and explained for corrective actions.
- Review on a daily basis any issue between physical flows, stocks and desk controller position
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years in progressively financial leadership roles, preferably in the manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- Must be certified accounting professional.
- Experience in cost controlling of food or milling plants will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of results-orientation.
- Good Leadership qualities.
Method of Application
To apply, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Regional Head, Farm Operations at an Agro-tech Company - Hill City Consulting Limited
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer II at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Research Associates at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Cassava and Rice Specialist at an Agric-tech Company - Hill City Consulting Limited
- Job Openings at Farmcrowdy
- Pasture/Herd Manager at AMO Group
- Business Analysts at Smart Partners Consulting
- Human Resource Role at Amo Group