Lafarge Group - Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
- The Lubrication Technician would be responsible for duties which include the lubrication of all the plant equipment and generally contributing to the development and implementation of Health and Safety programmes in line with Lafarge Policy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Detect possible anomalies observed on the equipment while lubrication is being carried out and report such to the Mechanical Inspector.
- Monitor the consumption of oils and greases for each equipment.
- Take lubricant samples from time to time as per Sampling Schedule for analysis purpose.
- Prepare and follow a lubrication register/sheet for each equipment.
- Responsible for house-keeping and safety of the workshop/premise.
- Write daily lubrication report.
- Responsible proper storage of Lubricants on site ensuring Health and Safety and Environment regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring proper operations of Auto-lube systems.
- Participate in the repairs and troubleshooting of faults on lubrication equipment.
- Maintain in good condition and keep inventory of all lubrication Tools.
- Responsible for safe storage and disposal of used/dirty rags and Lubricant containers.
- Update/Edit the Lubrication software.
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Always health and safety conscious
- Understands the specification of lubricants.
- Good knowledge of central lubrication system and maintenance
- Some knowledge of hydraulics
- Conversant with the health and safety hazards associated with lubricants
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here