MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Present managed service delivery business value and benefits to internal customers, stakeholders and influence them in the assessment, planning and management of related Enterprise Network Solutions projects.
• Ensure that all input to the Enterprise Solutions Network design is completed and received in a timely manner so that it falls in line with the business demands for rollout
• Ensure the Enterprise network design strategy, as regards broadband and internet capability and services, ensures technology evolution capability
• Develop and present agreed service delivery schedules and final agreements on behalf of the stakeholder departments involved.
• Inter department collaboration / interface with other divisions within Network Group and other groups within the organization, particularly Marketing, Customer relations
• Understanding the telecommunication industry (Global and Local) trends and developments in order to assess the technology and regulatory impact on MTN’s current and future business
• Support the Manager in identifying specialist tools, equipment and solutions for the design of broadband and internet solutions
• From time to time delegate for the Manager when out of the office or on leave etc
• Monitor and ensure relevant stakeholders’ plans as regards Data Planning and Internet Rollout is in alignment with unit’s requirements.
• Monitor and ensure information received from relevant stakeholders responsible for planning provides sufficient capacity to support marketing subscriber forecast.
• Ensure proper documentation of projects and procedures are provided and effectively communicated across all stakeholders.
• Maintain accurate and thorough knowledge of the national network through feedback from the Project Teams.
• Forecast quarterly material requirements to ensure resource availability and deployment as regards Enterprise Network Solutions projects.
• Coordinate meetings, presentations for Enterprise Solutions Sales Team.
• Provide technical support to all other departments regarding the network and related problems.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• A valid driver’s license.
Experience & Training
5 years work experience of which
• At least 3 years in a delivery-driven communications network environment.
• Ability to work alone with or without supervision.
• Good knowledge of Broadband and internet technologies and the definition of solutions utilizing them
• Good knowledge of Cisco products, technologies and future road map,
• Stakeholder relationship management; customer service experience and orientation
• Sound understanding of Telecom standards & working knowledge of IP/MPLS.
• Data and Voice Networking protocols such as X25, Frame Relay, VOIP, and ISDN
• Reasonable knowledge of Huawei and Juniper Datacoms equipment
• Integrate, Configure, implement, manage and maintain Information security systems as well as provide general knowledge and recommendation for security best practices
• Assess and review current Information security infrastructure to identify key risk areas, ascertain risk exposure and recommend controls for mitigation.
• Support the design and implementation of Information security systems and evaluating corporate security plans.
• Review of all project development architecture plans to ensure compliance with security policy.
• Based on the nature of security threats perceived, assesses and establishes mitigating steps to ensure appropriate treatment and escalate as appropriate. Co-ordination of security systems disciplines in the face of active threats.
• Create and enforce policies and procedures associated with the effective and efficient administration of Information Security.
• Perform Business Impact Analysis in terms of loss of Confidentiality, Availability and Integrity of information.
• Propose advice and implement security and communications solutions within MTN Nigeria.
• Collaborate with other departments to provide support, ensuring the full integration and smooth functioning of the information security infrastructure within MTN Nigeria
• Collaborates and acts as a security architecture liaison with other IT areas and to design and/or recommend new security solutions as needs arise.
• Co-ordinate with related Design & Development team for solutions implemented.
• Perform Problem, Change, and Release & Configuration Management as it pertains to Information Security.
• Perform day to day activities like periodic reconciliations, task management etc.
• Translate ISO 27001 controls related to Information security into implementation, alerts and compliance reporting.
• Specify, assist and delegate information security system integration concepts into SDLC process
• Normal MTN N working conditions.
• May be required to work extra hours
Experience & Training
Minimum of Five (5) years’ work experience of which includes:
• Experience in the following Identity Management technology. Vulnerability assessment and treatment, Systems Auditing, Policy, Database Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Security Architecture and Models ,Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in security compliance & threats management
• Proven experience in the full software project lifecycle - project vision through project implementation - for both small and large enterprise projects
• Proven experience in penetration testing
• Proven experience in Security Architecture Governance and standards
• Good working knowledge on Security Design & Architecture.
• In depth Practical of Architecture & planning principles and concepts
• Experience in identifying requirements, developing architectures, and deploying enterprise Security architecture, ensuring that the implementation adheres to standards and best-practices.
• Systems Auditing, Policy, Database Security
• Risk assessment
• Security Architecture and Models
• Telecommunications, Network, & Internet Security
• Business Continuity Planning
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.