The U.S. Embassy is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position of:
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Epidemiology, Strategic Information (SI) & HSS (EpiSI&HSS) Lead, the incumbent serves as the Program Assistant for the team and manages the tracking system to ensure timely submission of all required reporting documents including quarterly reports. The job holder ensures quality control during all aspects of data management, including data entry, data cleaning and data preparation for analysis. S/he collates and organizes baseline data for surveys and evaluations under the supervision of the activity lead.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/about_the_us_mission.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Natural Sciences, Sociology, Public Health or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible working experience in managing complex spreadsheets is required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Practical knowledge of database system with professional training in data entry and analysis; with an understanding of the PEPFAR program are required.
- Incumbent must be familiar with public health and HIV/AIDS programming and data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Standard skills in MS Office applications such as word, Excel and presentation programs are required.
Method of Application
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
OR - Ordinarily Resident - N3,154,846 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor - Not Ordinary Resident AEFM - US$36,353 EFM/MOH - US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive,
Central District Area,
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov