MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
• Develop cost effective solutions and innovative approach to meet the business requirements
• Collaborates with the other Architects and the external focus team to ensure data definitions, mappings, and changes are properly coordinated
• Develop the long term e-commerce and financial services strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture
• Develop standards and guidelines for technical designing based on various business goals
• Undertake the development, maintenance, and governance of the e-commerce and financial services architecture
• Recommend necessary changes in the existing e-commerce application and work for its efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings
• Ensure that ecommerce and financial services implementations are completed according to the architecture designed
• Define standards and guidelines for payment Platforms Financial application, VTUs, & eCommerce e.t.c
• Define enterprise level systems architecture and direct the design and approach to deployment.
• Design scalable applications architecture based on trend analysis of current usage and forecast and benchmark application capabilities based on projected growth.
• Create, maintain, disseminate & validate application development guidelines & standards for all artifacts will facilitate the oversight standardization and future direction of all application development.
• Design the architectural landscape to accomplish cross system objectives and advantageous trade-offs across the ecosystem
• Ensure the alignment of Enterprise Architecture with the business strategy throughout the cycle of innovation, planning and delivery
• Chart roadmap of Technology Infrastructure, Evolution, Emerging Technologies & trends.
• Evaluate developments in architecture in the local and international business environment and recommend value adding improvements to MTNN’s application architecture roadmaps.
• Develop a high level view of current and future state business and solution architecture for E-Commerce Systems that is well connected with business strategy.
• Work with other team members to develop a comprehensive view of all aspects of E-Commerce system architecture
• Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in various areas such as E-Commerce Systems, Cloud Computing, Systems Integration
• Provide leadership role by participating in Architecture Review conversations to help guide development of ecommerce systems solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architecture vision
• Work with other IT staff and review business requirements, solution alternatives, and designs and standards compliance and infuse architectural concepts like reusability, standards based, configuration driven, scalable and manageable solutions
• Exposure to Mobile Telecommunications applications – Customer Management & Billing systems, Provisioning, voucher and eCommerce systems etc.
• Any other tasks as assigned
• Normal MTNN working conditions.
• May be required to work extra hours to meet up with project deliverables
Experience & Training
Minimum of 8 years work experience of which:
• 2 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity
• 5 years Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications,) experience
• 4 years’ experience integrating applications and technology in a complex environment.
• Good working knowledge of EA frameworks, NGOSS, eTOM, TOGAF including development and ensuring adherence to architecture principles and standards
• In-depth experience in Architecture governance and standards, Business Capability
• Good working knowledge of NPV, IRR, ROI, TCO
• A year in Enterprise Architecture (Business, Applications)
• Minimum of 2 years in eCommerce systems/platforms implementation - ATG, Endeca, WebSphere Commerce e.t.c
• Exposure to formal requirements and design processes
• Experience with SOAP / REST web services, knowledge of SQL
• Experience with mobile integration to back-end systems via web-services & APIs
• Solid understanding of service oriented architectural principles and systems
• Knowledge of eTOM, TOGAF, Payment systems such as Virtual Top Up, Enterprise Resource Planning, Mobile financial, Payment Aggregators, CRM, Voucher, web applications, eCommerce platforms, Portals, e.t.c
• TOGAF certified
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.