We are a leading business management consulting practice serving clients across Africa. We work in all major sectors of the economy and levels of government engaging highly trained and sector-experienced consultants. PCL is a wholly owned Nigerian firm with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Johannesburg. Established in 1992, we offer an array of business and management consulting services to government and corporate organizations.
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the HR Assistant will assist the Human Resource Manager with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: recruitment and workforce planning, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, HR Administration.
Additionally, the Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for:
- recruitment, and onboarding logistics
- assisting in screening applications, arranging interviews, participating in selection process, and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- employee orientation, development, and training logistics
- assisting with employee relations and employee communication
- maintaining employee files and the HR filing system by keeping up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- compiling and preparing reports pertaining to HR activities.
- assisting the HR Manager to implement policies and procedures
- planning, and sometimes delivering induction trainings for new staff
- conducting research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- keeping up on current issues and matters in the organization related to HR department.
- ensure up –to-date record keeping of personal data
Any other duties assigned by the Human Resource Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences (or related field) at the second class upper (or higher) division from a reputable educational institution
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of Windows 365 a definite plus.
- Must be conversant with and able to use popular apps as work tools including but not limited to: Blackberry messenger (and other blackberry apps), Android based apps, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- At least 2 years experience in a Human Resource function
- Interest in a career in Human Resources is required
- Must possess planning and organizational skills
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be personable, professional and courteous.
- Must possess high level of initiative
- Must be highly organized
- Attention to detail, discretion, confidentiality and integrity are of topmost priority
go to method of application »
Working with the Firm’s business groups and units, the Head, HR & Admin shall:
- Develop and implement corporate HR strategy in line with short to medium term aspirations of the firm
- Manage annual firm wide staff training budget; recommend, implement and report on the approved training programmes.
- Proactively; develop, revise and implement HR policies in order to improve efficiency.
- Develop and implement best fit career and succession planning framework and provide career counselling to members of staff.
- Develop job descriptions for all new positions; and review and revise job descriptions as appropriate.
- Proactively report on, and advise Executive Management Committee on all strategic HR issues.
- Drive the imbibing and harmonisation of preferred culture.
- Design and delivery of training courses
Other responsibilities include: HR operations and administration including but not limited to compliance, oversee supervision of facilities management including support staff and drivers.
- Proven ability to implement/execute
- Familiarity with and proficiency in use of basic IT tools and popular apps (MS Office, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Android and OIS apps as well as Blackberry) for efficient delivery of assigned portfolio and tasks.
- Must be highly organized
- Business focused but still possessing strong human problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to apply relationship skills including tact and discretion.
- Able to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Good authorship and editorship.
- Effective presentation skills and a confident speaker.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
- Able to work on her/his own initiative.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Masters degree in humanities, business, social sciences - concentration in HR strongly preferred and will be given preference.
- Global certification such as SHRM, HRCI, CIPD an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of local and global HR ‘landscape’ – laws, practices, changes.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience directly in HR at least 3 of which has been at supervisory/managerial levels
- Previous experience in Consulting desirable
- Previous HR Business Partner experience a plus.
- Expertise in at least 2 areas of Human Resources
- Must be able to balance operational and strategic roles to produce value added results.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply