Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Ensure that set media objectives for Out of Home advertising are achieved via in-depth understanding and application of scientific, creative strategy development, implementation and compliance. The Manager should set the parameters for driving Out of Home media planning, buying, monitoring and compliance, based on the realities of the market and Out of Home media space.
- Manage the agency and assess their input to media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively consider in media plans for Outdoor:
- Market analysis – Airtel Brand Tracker
- Out of Home Media scene analysis using monthly/quarterly diaries
- Competitive analysis using out of home measurement parameters.
- Outdoor Media strategy and plan
- Alignment of Outdoor advertising with traditional and digital media platforms
- Media buying and control methods
- Compliance analysis
- Review of innovative Outdoor media ideas for efficiency and effectiveness
- Budget optimisation strategy and monitoring
Outdoor Media Management
- The Media Manager - Outdoor is required to carry out the following functions:
- Rental/Space Management
- Work with the agency/regional offices to agree on billboards distribution matrix based on agreed market factors such as customer base, competition, ARPU and overall revenue by region.
- Conduct physical site inspection with the agency/regional office marketing team to ensure that billboards are strategically distributed and located across selected markets pan Nigeria.
- Initiate negotiation of rates with outdoor owners driven by Supply Chain Management for media rates leadership.
- Follow-up on purchase order approvals
- Issue monthly codes for billboards photos for compliance tracking
- Match monthly coded photos from billboards owners with independent media monitoring reports for compliance and payment upon presentation by the Agency with third party invoices for payment.
- Print Production Management
- Compile and update from time to time the technical information (material type, size of board, print specifications, and cost per square meter print) of each billboard in Airtel outdoor network.
- Periodically assess the performance of the printers. Based on the outcome of the assessment, determine quantity of jobs to be allocated to each printer in subsequently quarters.
- Ensure that materials are printed and ready for posting ahead of campaigns break and dispatched to the billboard owners.
- Advice Agency to follow-up on the posting of materials on the selected billboards across all regions.
Outdoor Media Management & Reporting
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly plan for Outdoor
- Render weekly compliance analysis
- Render weekly, monthly and quarterly media spend
- Render regional and key cities analysis on a periodic basis.
- Media spend per product and service category and Revenue performance monitoring versus investment in Outdoor.
- Prepare executive summary of Out of Home media scene.
Outdoor Media Strategy and Plan Implementation
- The Media Manager for Outdoor is required to provide expert support to the Senior Manager – Media and Supply Chain Management on all Outdoor media price negotiations for TV, Radio and Press to align with company’s objective of least cost but creative Outdoor media planning and buying.
- Review all Out of Home media strategies, plans and schedules with detailed attention to:
- Budget allocation by zones/regions
- Site and hoarding format selection rationale based on product/service objectives/target consumers
- Set campaign objective assessment parameters.
- Provide detailed insight on the prevailing audience product/”Outdoor opportunity to see”.
- Obtain media schedule approval from Head of Media, VP Marcomms and Chief Commercial Officer
- Ensure that approved material rotation schedules are sent to independent media monitoring agency for compliance tracking. This should be done through Airtel appointed media planning and buying agency.
- Proactively manage smooth take-off of Outdoor campaigns whilst ensuring that obstacles are deftly addressed to achieve set objectives.
Competitor & Market Analysis
- Monitor competitor advertising on Outdoor in the regions.
- Collaborate with regional marketing managers to monitor and report competitor Outdoor media activities.
- Trend analysis on competitors’ advertising versus Airtel (by region and key cities).
- Maintain an electronic Guard Book of competitor and Airtel advertising on Outdoor.
- Conduct periodic market visit
Media Compliance Review and Control for Payment
- Review Agency invoices and third party documents accompanied with compliance reports for payment with attention to the following parameters:
- Ensure regular rendition of Outdoor compliance report
- Adjustments of invoices to match Outdoor media monitoring reports
- Confirmation of third invoices accuracy and attachment to final invoice from Agency to Airtel
- Follow-up with Payables for invoices sign-off by Head of Brand & Communication and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Advice Agency upon payment and by extension mediate on delayed payments to media partners who may be aggrieved or threatened to discontinue brand exposure in the media.
- He/She is required to work with the following internal and external customers:
- Internal Customers
- Supply Chain Management for:
- Regional Offices
- Advertising Unit
- Marketing Departments
- External Customers
- Outdoor Media Planning and Buying Agency
- Media Monitoring Agency
- Media Partners