Executive Jobs in a Leading Company
Posted on: 8 March, 2012
Deadline: 15 March, 2012
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
A leading Company wishes to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
Head, Investment and Treasury
This position reports to the Deputy Managing Director and interacts with other functional areas of Treasury and Corporate Accounting.
The candidate must have brilliant communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to lead a team of Treasury professionals and cross-functional teams. Candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills as well as operating experience in a financial environment.
Oversee the Investment Research Function of the Company.
Manage the Investment Portfolios of the Company
Provide periodic comprehensive risk-based portfolio performance reports. Coordinate and oversee activities of the Company's investment functions and liaise with other stakeholders to ensure optimal management of Fund assets
. Participate in matters relating to Fund accounting, funding, actuarial valuations governance and other corporate issues relating to investments in line with supervising agency's directives.
Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
Develop and monitor treasury operational policies.
Manage the Company's compliance for treasury operations
• Must possess an MBA with 10+ years of overall experience in investment management, capital markets, and! or corporate finance in a financial environment.
• Strong analytical. financial and systems skills are required.
• Experience working in global business environment is an advantage.
A CFA certification will be an added advantage.
Proficiency in the use of Bloomberg is an added advantage.
Head, Internal Control and Audit
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
• Membership of Chartered Institute of Auditors (CIA) is an added advantage.
• 10 years+ financial experience, through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
Systems knowledge and awareness.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To liaise with departments/divisions and top management for the purpose of ensuring the existence and sustenance of a system in place which guarantees that all activities are identified, analysed, systematically harnessed and guided and periodically.
To plan, organise and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfils the responsibility of the department, scheduling, assigning work and estimating overall organisation's resource needs.
To report to top management on the policies, programmes and activities of the audit department
Carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the organisation's financial, physical and information resources are managed.
• To coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other's work but also sufficiently briefed on areas of concern.
• To make recommendations on the systems and procedures after reviews, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation. Conduct audit testing of specified area, identify reportable issues and communicate dimension of findings to Management. Determine scope of reviews and conduct assessments of assigned department or functional area within established/required timeline.
• To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
• To conduct reviews or tasks requested by Management or Managing Director, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function. Determine and examine compliance with general policies and procedures.
• To provide both management and the departmental heads with judgments/recommendations/guidelines on the internal control procedures guiding financial and other activities in the Organisation.
• To continually examine the facts and figures presented by the organisation with an unbiased attitude and detached approach.
Add value by acting as a facilitator in financial risk assessment and carrying out value for money reviews, thereby assisting management in decision making and the effective discharge of their special and routine responsibilities.
Other related duties that may be assigned.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified and interested candidates should send their comprehensive CVs stating their contact information within 1 week of this publication to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: CVs not meeting the requirement should not be forwarded as only applicants who meet the requirements stated above will be shortlisted and subsequently contacted.
WORK CYCLE (HOURS/ DAY)
Monday- Friday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm
location: Abuja, but must be willing and able to travel
REMUNERATION: ATIRACTIVE & WITHIN INDUSTRY RANGE
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Risk Analyst at Citi Bank
- Latest Job Opportunity at The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Career Opportunities at ARM
- Managing Director At A Leading Microfinance Bank - TheJobMag Limited
- Finance and Admin Manager at PML Advisory Limited
- Job Openings at a Microfinance Bank - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Vacancies at Eagle International Resource