GRM International, Futures Group, and the Effective Development Group are a group of companies with a joint focus on reaching people in need and creating better futures for our clients, communities and colleagues around the world. With more than 90 current projects operating in more than 85 countries, and $225 million in revenue, our combined group has a multisectoral focus, diverse technical offerings and a wide geographic reach.
Futures Group is recruiting for two consultants to support the development of state-level Costed Implementation Plans for FP2020 in Nigeria in Kaduna and Lagos states.
Futures Group is supporting governments to attain the ambitious commitments they made at the London Summit through strengthening national and decentralized capacity to develop country-owned, broad-based, national FP costed implementation plans (CIPs) aligned to FP2020 pledges. FP Costed Implementation Plans are concrete and detailed plans for achieving the goals of a national family planning program over a set number of years. A CIP details the program activities necessary to meet national goals and the costs associated with the activities, providing clear program-level information on the resources it needs to raise domestically and from partners. A CIP is critical to give direction to a national or state family planning program.
The two consultants will support the development of Costed Implementation Plans for FP2020. One consultant will support work in Kaduna state, and the other consultant will be working in Lagos state.
• Provide technical and strategic guidance to the team in-country in the development of the CIP
• Draft and edit the Costed Implementation Plan documents for either Kaduna state or Lagos state
• Draft and edit budgeting for Costed Implementation Plans using MS Excel templates
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations, background reference briefing materials for internal stakeholders and research briefings
• Gather data on the costs of various family planning/reproductive health program and service delivery interventions
• Prepare for and attend meetings and stakeholder interviews, take notes, and circulate technical minutes to stakeholders
• Prepare short reports, compelling evidence-based tools, policy briefs and materials, and activity deliverables for varied audiences
• Provide logistical and administrative support in planning for meetings, events, and travel
• Other related technical and administrative tasks as required
• Based in either Kaduna state or Lagos state
• Graduate level degree (MA, MPH) in International Health and Development or related program (coursework in Family Planning/ Reproductive Health/ Population Studies is preferred)
• Background in family planning policy and services
• Strong knowledge of health systems at the national and state level in Nigeria
• Experience working in health, and development of costed implementation plans for the health sector preferred
• Experience in strategic planning and budgeting
• Ability to work independently and solve day-to-day problems, but possess good judgment for escalating issues/problems
• Good diplomatic skills and experience interacting with host country government agencies including local governments, development partners, and civil society organizations
• Excellent judgment, conceptual and analytical thinking ability
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Strong skills in MS Word and complex MS Excel documents
• Costed Implementation Plan including a list of detailed activities to be implemented; cost estimates for implementation (draft in MS Word; final version signed by government in MS Word or Adobe pdf; and accompanying Excel data files) and any additional supporting products/tools developed based on request of the Ministry of Health (e.g., a landscape document, brochure, impact calculations, and monitoring tools for internal ministry use)- to be approved by the state Ministry of Health and Futures Group. Final due date: December 31, 2015
• Start date: September 1, 2015
• End date: December 31, 2015
Total Number of Work Days
• Up to 60 days total maximum (to be charged per actual days worked)
• Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
Apply on-line at the Futures Group website, www.futuresgroup.com by August 15, 2015. In your application materials, please specify if you are applying for the Kaduna state position or the Lagos state consultant position.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual, veteran or marital status. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Apply for the Consultants- State-level Costed Implementation Plan for FP2020 position