Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We now need a talented and resourceful individual to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty
To provide a basic, branch – based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk – in – customers)
- Cross selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk – in customers, during pro –active telephonic conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and / or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate top – end customers.
- Providing a central “no – frills” (information / query handling) service point for a portfolio of small business customers.
- Preforming a liaison role between customers and back – office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Interacting with clients and conducting needs analyses to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates /documentation requirements for banking facilities.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behaviour and product usage.
- Advice given to customers should benefit both the customer and Standard Bank – wrong and unprofitable customer behaviour should not be encouraged.
- Explain credit loan facility options and qualifying criteria to customers.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirement’s e.g. persona balance sheets, cash flow statements, financial statements and management accounts.
- Process scored credit applications within the confidential limit of authority and BRI scores.
- Notify customers regarding the approval of credit loan facilities.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act license categories.
- Adhering to record keeping requirement’s as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship / transactional banking.
- Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager ideal.
- Experience in Credit origination
- Previous experience within the personal / consumer banking environment as a Customer Consultant / Personal Banker and / or enquiries Officer is preferable.
- Previous experience in running a small business
- This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, how to open bank accounts, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice
- Customer Understanding
- Product Knowledge
- Banking Process and Procedures
- Sales Planning and Reporting
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Loan Assessment and Approval
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework
go to method of application »
- Provide financial input on CIC deals and transactions to ensure the business complies with taxation, capital, regulatory and statutory accounting requirements
- Assist with project benefits/deliverables within the WB business
- Manage and meet WB reporting deadlines and ensure that reports are as far as possible, reflect business performance.
- Actively review and assist in planning business costs to ensure value for money and a lean cost base
- Manage the Bank’s Management Accounting Systems for the accurate and timely collation, analysis and dissemination of information
KEY RELATIONSHIPS INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- Hub reporting manager
- Africa CIC Business Partner
- Central Bank – Research,
- Research Agencies
- Federal Office of Statistics,
- Financial Institutions,
- External Auditors,
- Stock Exchange etc.
- Accuracy and reliability of monthly reporting, including forecasting accuracy
- Guidance on overall Africa strategy/ comparison across the Region
- The CIC business strategy
- The understanding of the financial dynamics and dimensions of the CIC business
- The building of CIC operating plans, budgets and forecast
- The determination of the CIC financial and management information needs, the formats and the frequency with which these should be produced
- The development of CIC management information systems to facilitate effective decisions by Heads of Global Markets and Corporates and Institutions
- Ensuring compliance to Group standards, regulatory and statutory regulations
- Achievement of CIC budget
- Maintenance of appropriate financial and project controls
- Authorised to allow processing of all expenditure within delegated authorities/ agreed strategy
- Initiate change requests necessary to satisfy CIC MIS needs in liaison with Heads of GM, CR, BSM and CFO
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Budget schedules compiled, agreed and submitted within stipulated time
- Level/quality of automated reports
- Budget /variance reports distributed to Heads of GM, CR within agreed time scale
- % of manual to automated reports
- Quality and timeliness of reports disseminated to Heads of GM and CR
- Level of queries/corrections to submitted reports
- Tracking of PARs deliverables
- Audit grade 2 and above0
- Collect and present relevant financial data to help in the formulation of the strategy of the WB Business and monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators
- To assist the CIC finance manager in all matters relating to CIC Customer Profitability Reporting
- Partner business in establishing a low, and value for money cost base
- To ensure CIC monthly reporting is timely and accurate at both product and customer segment levels. This includes the consistent application of the Funds Transfer Pricing and Cost Allocation methodologies
- Assist business to undertake the financial analysis of the Business monthly performance
Budgeting and Planning
- Assist the Business Finance manager in co-ordinating budget and monitor progress towards its achievement, drawing attention to important trends opportunities to maximise earning and minimise risk.
- Review and monitor the business performance against Group policies for Market Risk, Liquidity Management, local regulatory and other statutory requirements
- Manage the WB cost centres
Ensure that project accounting disciplines and tracking mechanisms (including benefits tracking) are in place for all WB projects
To prepare the operational risk reports for the unit (KCSA, KRI, SORE, LSORE) for WB Business finance as required.
Undertake ad hoc projects and assignments as agreed with Line Manager, CFO and the Heads of Global Markets and Client Relationships as the case may be.
Qualifications and Skills
EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- MBA in Business, or Accounting or Professional Qualification – CIMA, CPA, ACCA or its equivalent plus at least three years experience in a middle management position with relevant / specific banking experience
- High level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environments
- Knowledge of the Banking practice and Products
- Strong knowledge in Management Accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team builder
- Superior levels of judgement are required to assess the impact of CIC business activities on performance, to identify trends early enough to enable effective remedial action to be taken and to facilitate clear understanding of the financial impact of decisions by the Business Heads
- Integrity and sometimes courage to challenge the actions of peers
- Judgement is called for in determining variables for use in budgeting and financial evaluation of CIC deals and transactions
- Contribute significantly to the professional management of the Business Support function and in the day to day performance of Business Divisions
- Follow up and monitoring of Customer and Product performance
- Value for money review of projects
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.