Financial Position at VDT Communications Limited
Posted on: 10 June, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at VDT Communications Ltd
VDT Communications Limited is a member company of the BITCOM GROUP, with vast years of experience in the provision of data communication services to corporate organizations with many branches across Nigeria. We provide excellent technical and customer focused support for all projects we are engaged in.
- Professional maintenance of the books and records of financial transactions, i.e. Accounts Payable Ledger and other Adjoining Ledgers in a timely manner
- Day-to-day processing of invoices, cheques and payment advices
- Collation and distribution of creditors invoices
- Maintain cancelled cheques register
- Seeks clarifications or explanations from submitters of expense claims when warranted; changes status of expense claims in the expense management system to reflect the best practice as occasion demands
- Ensuring right application of applicable withholding tax rates on the vendors’ payments and remittance of same to appropriate agency of government
- Prepares invoice batches and inputs in the accounts payable module of the financial information system on a daily basis to ensure payments are processed in time for the weekly and monthly deadlines;
- Ensuring creditors payments are processed within stipulated trading terms
- Ensure that cheque books are available at all times
- Prepares and reconciles the banking of all cash and cheques
- Process all events and sundry invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure that all payments, disbursements and reimbursements are correctly batched & posted to the general ledger on sage pastel evolution
- Responds to inquiries from suppliers, consultants and clients regarding the status of their payments.
- Maintaining financial control process such as verifying that all creditors invoices and purchase orders have been approved as per delegated approvals
- Administering petty cash, imprest and reconciliations
- Following proper financial procedures and controls in relation to cash, expenditure and reporting
- Filling/archiving of all accounting records in a secure and efficient manner
- miscellaneous spreadsheets, graphs and tables
- Prepare and process supporting documentation for various month end journal
- Provides advice to clients regarding procedures relating to accounts payable, wire transfers and other related claims
- Ensuring the timely reporting and rendition of error-free monthly financial information
- Guiding colleagues or other internal customers or suppliers on accounting treatment issues
- Provide support to superior on accounting treatment of transactions when necessary
- Continually review processes within the accounts payable area, develop and report on recommendations for business process improvements and efficiency within areas of responsibility.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- HND/BSc Accounting or Finance
- ICAN PE 1
- Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years
- Knowledge of revenue accounting and accounts payable standard processes
- Excellent organizational skills with detailed orientation.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks at once to meet deadlines
- Ability to spot errors quickly and make an initial attempt to resolve issues
- Minimum of 2 years in Accounts Payable or Similar/Wider accounting functions.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel
- Intermediate skill in MS Word
- Good understanding of the IT and Communication industry services and legal regulatory framework.
- Attitude and Behavioural Traits
- Amiable individual with pleasant personality
- Strong flair for figures
- Must have good memory of events
- A team player and an out of the box thinker
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job title as the subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VDT Communications LtdSimilar Jobs
- Vodafone Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Job Openings At erpSOFTapp
- Software Support Interns at Zippro System Limited
- Head, 4G & Home Broadband at Airtel Nigeria
- Operations Manager in a Start-up Technology Firm
- Business Managers at a Multi-National Information Technology Organization - Workforce Group
- Billing Support at Lightning Networks Limited