Vacancy at International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) Nigeria
Posted on: 10 June, 2015
Deadline: 1 July, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Foundation for Elec
IFES, a reputable international NGO that supports the building of electoral democracies with support from USAID seeks qualified applicants to fill the below position in its Abuja office:
- The Electoral Institute (TEI) is an organ of the Independent National Electoral Commission, which is responsible for training for elections and also electoral research.
- Two weeks consultancy to develop a strategic plan for The Electoral Institute (TEI) of INEC.
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to work with the TEI and develop a five-years Strategic plan that ensures that TEI achieves its mandate.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but is not limited to:
- Identify core activities, issues and projects for TEI;
- Review current institutional structures and identify how to make them serve TEI well;
- Undertake an examination of staff structure, in context of similar professional Electoral Institutes and recommend appropriate portfolios, offices and experts required;
- Identify the facilities and infrastructure that will be required to operate an effective TEI;
- Plan and facilitate a workshop with management staff and others to prioritize strategic directions;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Take cognizance of the INEC Strategic Plan and activities contained therein in developing TEI Strategic plan;
- Finalize Strategic plan and action plan and submit to TEI.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master's Degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies.
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management.
- Prior working experience with INEC on this is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of capacity development.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High level written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their type written cover letter and current resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only applications sent by email will be considered and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IF...Similar Jobs
- Consultant (Local Facilitator) at Creative Associates International
- Community Access Advisor at IPAS Nigeria
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Assistant Vehicle Fleet Manager (VFM Assistant) at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Cashiers at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Purchase Officer at Solidarités International (SI)
- Human Resources Manager at Malaria Consortium Nigeria
- Graduate and Experienced Recruitment at FHI 360