Eat 'N' Go - The below specified position is vacant and needs to be filled urgently.
The Commissary Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the general operations of the central production facility for Coldstone creamery Nigeria (Commissary).
This position ensures the safe and cost effective use of the facility’s food production, storage and delivery functions. The Commissary Manager will lead the process of working with Coldstone Creamery Nigeria restaurants and external customers in determining which products should be produced by the commissary and will continuously improve the customer order fulfillment process.
Responsible for overall operations of Coldstone Creamery commissary with focus on QC, delivery systems and logistics, manpower planning and inventory management
• Responsible in overseeing the ice cream and cake production in the commissary Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in the daily production of product and overall commissary performance .
• Supervises and coordinates activities of commissary workers engaged in preparing, assembling, packaging, and shipping ready-to-eat food items.
• Checks inventories and orders raw materials and supplies.
• Prescribes quantities, production sequence, and time for items to be prepared, cooked, assembled, and packaged to meet production schedule.
• Specifies arrangement of equipment, work stations, and staffing to prepare for production.
• Explains and demonstrates work methods to train employees and establish size of food portions.
• Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in daily production of product and overall commissary performance
• Understand and implement commissary quality control procedures and standards Coordinate and implement efficient production schedules to meet customer demands and minimize labor hours
• Inspect, troubleshoot and assess any production or equipment problem
• Ensure all products produced in the commissary meets the restaurant operations quality standards
• Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives and procedures for every department
• Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level
• Keep and maintain records of purchases, sales and requisitions
• Responsible for monitoring of raw materials, finished goods and implementation of GMP.
• Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring staff
• Responsible for product purchasing, ordering, receiving and distribution control for the commissary
• Ensure that established procedures for tracking purchase orders, requisitions, receiving and perpetual inventory are maintained
• Coordinating with the Operations Team in determining production plans and forecasts Managing stocks and inventories, overseeing production and processing of food items, warehousing and logistics
• Strong exposure in food planning and costing to establishing and implementing effective quality control, and set both the strategic and operational direction in regards to production and commissary management
• Does research and development of new products Food costing and menu reengineering
• Participates in food preparation
• Work directly with Production Supervisor and Warehouse Leaders to ensure that proper distribution of product and equipment while adhering to the highest standards of sanitation
• Coordinate all related maintenance and repairs of the whole commissary, and other materials in the commissary
• Provide direction to commissary staff to ensure all established layins are completed for each event, in addition to requisitioning during events, post events breakdown, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance
• Responsible for adhering to purchase order system for all orders received at the warehouse
• Ensures accurateness of commissary and warehouse inventory
• Verify proper specification, size, quantity, etc of goods received supervise proper labeling, dating and stocking of supplies
Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Bachelors College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma Master’s Degree, Food Beverage Services Management, Food Technology Nutrition Dietetics, Hotel Management, Culinary Arts or Food Nutrition, Engineering Chemical, Engineering Industrial, Engineering or equivalent. At least 3 years of working experience within an operation of a similar profile is essential past experience in big commissaries, central kitchen or production units is a BIG edge
1. Candidate must be a graduate of any a related discipline
2. Must be knowledgeable in MS OFFICE applications
3. With Strong leadership skills and interpersonal relationship
4. Must have background in GMP/HACCP principles
5. Knowledgeable in inventory planning and control, effective stocks forecasting
6. Exposure in ICE CREAM/ CAKE MAKING/manufacturing plant is an advantage
Candidates who meet the requirement should email resume to email@example.com