Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking to employ the services of a professional driver.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by GRM International, for the UK Department for International Development.
- The driver will be responsible for the maintenance of the programme vehicles and the provision of safe and reliable driving services to programme staff as well as provide administrative and clerical support services as requested by the programme team. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the assigned vehicle is clean, road worthy and compliant with DFID and GRM Operating Security Standards
- Providing reliable and safe driving services to programme personnel as required
- Supporting in the delivery and collection of cargo/mail, documents and other errands as directed by authorised programme personnel in accordance with set guidelines
- Conducting office pick-ups and drop-offs for authorised staff and consultants
- Assist the Personnel Manager with immigration and customs formalities as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of an OND qualification
- The ability to communicate fluently in English and Hausa languages
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position within an international development project
- Understanding of the mechanics of vehicles will be advantageous
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with particular emphasis on northern Nigeria)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving code and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours when/if required
- Attendance at a defensive driving course with a recognised instructor is desirable
Method of Application
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
- Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
- Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
- A competitive salary with benefits
The role is based in Abuja, although frequent travel within northern Nigeria will be required.
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound driving experience in the north and be willing to frequently shuttle between Abuja and Kano.
Please send your CV and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for application is June 12, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.