Fresh Job Placement at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 4 June, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria. Since then, we have continued to deliver the best possible experience at the most affordable price to our subscribers.
This commitment has led to the growth of our active subscriber base to over 21 million in just six years. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as we continue to build our network and expand to new locations.
Coordinate the design, planning and optimisation of the transmission network of Etisalat
- Provide inputs in the development of strategies and plans towards the implementation of a working WAN,and transmission links (E1s, Backbones etc.) to support operational and business needs.
- Ensure that Etisalat's microwave network design strategy is in line with accepted local and international standards.
- Develop short, medium and long term transmission solutions for Network evolution e.g. for GeneralPacket Radio Service (GPRS), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)etc
- Lead the conceptualization, planning and development of customized technical solutions for enterprise business customers
- Review the end to end technical design proposal to meet specific requirements of the enterprise customers.
- Manage the execution of the unit's work programs and plans.
- Coordinate the evaluation of local and global telecommunications trends and development and implement strategies to counter/minimize possible impact on the architecture and integrity of the access network
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to transmission planning and design.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function's strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the day to day activities of the unit and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the department and the organisation as a whole.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and database of existing transmission infrastructure in various Etisalat target areas that can be leveraged for transmission services for network development and expansion.
- Analyse and determine the type of equipment to be used for transmission services.
- Define and direct transmission planning to support Etisalat network rollout.
- Oversee the design and planning of Etisalat's microwave transmission network.
- Oversee the design and planning of the links between the Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) and Mobile Switching Centres (MSC) to achieve full optimisation.
- Oversee the design and planning of Etisalat's cable transmission network.
- Facilitate the design of backbone and Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) network.
- Coordinate the mapping out of Internet Protocol (IP) service connectivity.
- Oversee the design and planning of the integration of Etisalat's IP network
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a structured expansion plan for future traffic growth and technology evolution.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate's performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare / compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Engineering.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Engineering
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Post-graduate degree / relevant professional qualification
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Nine (9) to Twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least three years in a managerial position
- IP Technologies
- Network Capacity Management
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Leadership and People Management
- Change Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Team Lead, IT Business and Budget Management at IHS Towers
- Latest Vacancies at FPG Technologies & Solutions Limited
- Solutions Architect at Cousant Connect
- Latest Jobs at Ark Technologies Limited
- Technical Support Engineers at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- HR Manager at Transsion Holdings
- Fresh Jobs at Huawei Technologies