The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) - Since its creation in 1863, the ICRC's sole objective has been to ensure protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and strife. It does so through its direct action around the world, as well as by encouraging the development of international humanitarian law (IHL) and promoting respect for it by governments and all weapon bearers. Its story is about the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to work autonomously to fill in the position below:
- Monitors the Delegation financial needs and inform the accountant
- Imputation of the Bank Books (NGN & USD) expenses in the Sun System
- Does Weekly reconciliation of Bank with the accountant
- Reports any discrepancies to the Accountant
- Monitors and justifies the quarterly payments of office running costs and salary support (NIA)
- Ensures accurate filling of finance documents
- Ensures accurate disbursement of funds to the Nigerian Red Cross Society
- Replaces the Accountant when out of office.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience of project management an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills, particular MS Word and Excel
- Preparedness to travel and work all over Nigeria
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organisational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedures
Method of Application
Interested persons must include copies of ID papers, detailed curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees and an application letter to:
No 31 Pope John Paul II Street,
- Please clearly indicate "Accounting Book keeper" on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The ICRC is an impartial, neutral, and independent international humanitarian organization.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.