Equal Access Nigeria (EA) is an international not for profit organization, headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, EA manage the production for AREWA24, the first free-to-air, Hausa language entertainment and lifestyle satellite television channel produced by and for northern Nigerians and devoted entirely to the Hausa speaking peoples of Nigeria, West Africa and around the world.
Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls' empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
PEPORTS TO: CHANNEL PROMOTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
WORKING RELATIONSHIP: PRODUCTION TEAM, FINANCE & ADMIN TEAM AND DG
- All drivers must comply with the policies, rules and procedures and instructions governing the use of vehicles and observe all traffic regulations
- Drivers must possess a valid driver’s licence
- It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that vehicle log books are completed at all times, following all trips, fueling and maintenance
- Drivers are expected to conduct daily checks of the vehicles engine oil,radiator,power steering oil, brake fluid oil etc.
- Drivers must wear seat belts at all times and maintain official and road safety speed limits
- Report any fault to supervisor promptly
- Ensure that vehicle fuel is not below quarter tank at all times
- Convey staff and equipment to various destinations, including short and long distance trips/travels within and outside the state(including weekends)
- Perform airport pick-ups and drop-offs (including weekends where required)
- Ensure vehicles are safe and secure at all times and in clean condition
- Ensures that no unauthorized persons drive EA vehicles
- Perform any duty as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a structured organization
- Drivers should have a thorough knowledge of Nigerian road network especially the Northern region, and should possess the ability to drive for long hours in the case of long route
- Be alert and aware of his surroundings at all times
Language and Computer Skills:
- Excellent in speaking and writing in English and Hausa
Method of Application
To apply, please send your application including a cover letter, updated CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15, 2015. Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date