Our client is a multinational textile company that produces and distributes fashion fabrics for the African market and African consumers globally. The company’s brands have become an essential part of African culture. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for
To operate the store in accordance with company and brand policies and procedures, motivating and leading the store staff team in order to ensure net sales and shop staff cost control, while allowing functional managers to provide excellent service to consumers, present the brand and its products to the best levels.
FOCUS: Net sales growth, shop staff cost optimization, consumer and brand excellence, cash/asset control.
- Manage shop floor staff hierarchically
- Ensure functional leadership of Brand Consumer Relationships Manager to Brand Hostess
- Hiring firing shop staff, in line with central function profiles, recruitment managed by local HRM, sign off needed from Area manager.
- Operate the store and manage goals and priorities to achieve the Sales targets in units and in values
- Organizing the shop and planning tasks efficiently to allow sales staff to focus primarily on serving the customers and selling
- Ensuring the presentation and visual merchandising is executed in accordance with company and brand policies
- Maintaining and encouraging positive attitudes towards the Brand and the merchandise
- Lead by example, live the brand
- Ensure rules principles and guidelines on the cashiers activities
- Organise cost control via optimizing shop staff presence planning
- Ensure compliance with all operating standards, policies, and procedures, which include:
- Ensuring the safekeeping and protection of all company assets (owned or rented)
- Ensuring that all in-store systems are used, updated and maintained in the correct way at all times by appropriate and properly trained staff
- Execution of various administrative tasks (Receiving goods, handling vouchers, following banking procedures, POS Merchant cards, handling product complaints, proper reporting etc.)
- Replenishing sold items from the stock room and where required ordering them at the central retail merchant
- Facilitate the Brand Hostess in ensuring that all customers are welcomed and that they receive the best possible service by:
- Being an example to the sales staff and providing a proper level of service to customers and potential customers
- Facilitating sales to customers in compliance with all company policies and conditions
- Encouraging and motivating the staff to offer visitors assistance in various ways, including: finding appropriate products in the store; answering any questions they may have (availability, suitability, price, composition etc.); trying on garments, viewing fabrics etc.; assessing the cash desk to make sales etc.
- Ensuring customer service levels are maintained at all times
- Performing regular full or partial physical stock takes in conformity with corporate policies and procedures
- Identifying any discrepancies between system stocks and physical counts and physical counts and recounting where appropriate
- Reviewing and obtaining Head Office approval for any stock adjustments
- Organising, managing, developing and staffing the store in line with corporate guidelines and values in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimisation of results.
- Creating a transparent, proactive and motivating environment where staff can take responsibility,
- Leading, managing and coaching the sales team to develop “best practices”
- Motivating and inspiring the shop staff team
- Setting clear goals and targets for employees
- Controlling the daily tasks of the staff and providing regular feedback and evaluations of their performance
- Maintaining proper staff planning to ensure correct staffing of the shop at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a good University
- At least 3 Years’ experience in Retail or Branded business
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent English both written and spoken is a must
- Good French would be a plus
Key Performance Indicators
- Store Conversion Rate (Ratio of Actual Buying Customers to Potential Customers visiting the shop)
- Achieving Sales Budget
- Increasing basket size
- Achieving Shop-Controllable Expense Targets
- Shop Look/Image
- Employee Satisfaction
go to method of application »
At eRecruiter Nigeria, our business is Talent! From Acquisition, Management, Mobility to everything that revolves around talent. We are like no other recruitment consulting firm. We are results driven, we believe in delivering value first to our clients. We are now looking to take on a Recruitment Research Intern (NYSC 2015 BATCH A Only) to join our company. The lucky Graduates will receive the best training designed to highlight their strengths and work on their areas of weakness to really kick start their Recruitment career.
- You will be responsible for resourcing and placing top talents with top companies
- You will be responsible for finding the talents using a range of methodologies
- You will be developing existing relationships with candidates
- Resourcing new candidates - networking, headhunting, database work
- Develop your skills to become a full 360 Recruitment Consultant
- Build new client relationships - cold calling, networking, lead generation
- Advertising for roles using the specific client requirements
- Interview prepping
- Keeping up to date with Client`s specific requirements
- Giving candidate interview feedback
The Ideal Candidate
- You MUST have just started your NYSC (Batch A 2015)
- We don't care about your class of degree, but we want people from a top university
- Graduates from a Federal university in Nigeria or Convenant or Babcock University will have a clear advantage.
- What's most important to us is your drive to be successful.
- Please note this is not a typical 9-5 job.
- You must have strong negotiation skills
- You must understand the sales process (Recruitment is a two way sales process - sell the role to candidates and sell the candidates to clients)
- We don't ask you to have any experience, but we want you to be smart, focused and have a passion for Talent.
- You must be very technology savvy. Technology is what drives our business.
- Your communication skills must be excellent.
- You must be very detail oriented
- A basic salary
- Ipad Scheme (Upon retention)
- We use a world class Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Cloud everything (emails, storage e.t.c)
- We are NOT process oriented. We believe in results
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified and suitably qualified candidates should forward applications with detailed CVs to email@example.com