UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide overall protocol, logistic and administrative support services
- Administer and execute processes and transactions
- Support to logistics and facilities management processes
- Support to management of driver and maintenance of vehicles
Provide overall protocol, logistic and administrative support services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Process Travel authorization and estimation of related travel costs.
- Follow up on certification and approval of TA (Travel authorization).
- Confirm travel to staff after approval by Head of Office.
- Provision of cost effective and time-saving travel and hotel arrangement to the staff
- Arrange for security clearance for high risk areas which require special clearance.
- Process requests for visas for all UN travelers and follow up for timely visa issue.
- Hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNOCHA officials.
- Update field staff movements and report to Admin an Finance Analyst and other relevant heads of units
- Organization of Office receptions, meetings, workshops, conferences, retreats, etc... Handling all necessary arrangements (e.g. room reservations, guest/participant lists, invitations, catering, seating arrangements, background documentation, special equipment, etc
- Process visas and Resident Permits including Diplomatic Cards for international staff and their dependants.
- Administrate OCHA’s assets and keep track of all equipment provided to staff members
- Maintain the inventory in FIMS (OCHA’s Field Inventory Management system) to reflect accuracy
Administer and execute processes and transactions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of UN/UNOCHA rules and regulations, policies and strategies on travel management
- Follow up with travel agent for timely feedback on ticketing and quotes
- Liaise with UNDP travel unit on issuance of purchase order for ticketing.
- Track all ticket refunds and ensure timely recovery of funds by UNDP and credit of OCHA account
- Prepare for AFO request for procurement of office equipment to be submitted to UNDP and Follow up issuance of Purchase order with UNDP procurement team.
- Process procurement of goods less than $2500 within AFO’s authority
- Maintain up-dated filing system
Supports logistics and facilities management processes for OCHA Nigeria (Abuja and field offices) focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare and make necessary arrangement of shipments of OCHA Assets to field offices. Oversee MORSS improvement in the office
- Oversee the maintenance of Office equipment. Assist in the coordination of office space, furniture, equipment and building maintenance matters; payment of rent, utilities, and other maintenance and cleaning services, other services
- Oversee management of drivers and maintenance of office vehicles
- Assign vehicles and office drivers to staff upon request during work hours
- Ensure that the office vehicle are well maintain , follow up on any repair on the office vehicles
- Oversee correct use of fuel card
- Ensure that vehicle log books are up to date.
- Ensure insurance coverage for the office vehicles.
- Prepare cost recovery table for the private use of office vehicles.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable, University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
A minimum 4 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service, logistics Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in English
go to method of application »
Duties and Responsibilities
In summary, the key functions are the:
- Management of OCHA Nigeria administrative operations.
- Management of OCHA Nigeria finance and human resources
- Management and monitoring of OCHA Assets.
- Procurement of goods and services.
Provide management support to OCHA administrative operations with the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UN/OCHA/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, effective implementation of corporate operational strategies, achievement of management targets, monitoring and reporting of results.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective working relationships with operational partners, specifically with OCHA headquarters, UNDP country offices and other major service providers.
- Monitoring and analysis of the operating environment leading to timely readjustment of internal administrative and financial procedures, provisional of advice on legal considerations and risk management.
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to financial management and general administrative operations, contributing to OCHA’s best practices.
- Identification and implementation of appropriate systems and applications for administrative and document management, information provision and learning including registry.
- Requirements, strategy and policies of OCHA relating to common services, administrative support and financial management are represented in meetings with UN agencies as required by the Head of Administration Unit and action taken.
- Letters and other correspondence relating to administrative and finance activities drafted and related reports prepared for internal use
Support the management and monitoring of OCHA assets with the following expected results:
- Management of OCHA assets ensuring full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for procurement, utilization and disposal of OCHA Nigeria‘s assets.
- Assist the Administrative and Finance Officer in setting up assets management procedures in OCHA/Nigeria
- Supervise the management on physical assets disposal. Review of assets and recommendation of physical assets for disposal. Documentation preparation for submission to CAP; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action and entry in Atlas of all the requisite details for recording disposals.
- Oversight of disposal of items and accuracy of inventory data.
- Assist in annual physical inventory verification exercise to ensure accuracy of records and location of property. Ensure that managers sign off on the physical count and correctness of the inventory system database
Manage and coordinate the procurement of goods and services with the following results:
- Required goods and services secured in a timely manner, within budget and in full compliance with established UNDP rules, regulations and procedures for procurement.
- Procurement actions taken in accordance with the principles of good planning and overall strategic objectives established by OCHA management, using best practices in sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and the use of performance measurement benchmarks.
- Sound judgment, knowledge and guidance are applied to tender processes and evaluation of bids, in the negotiation of agreements, and in contract management.
- Assets are managed in accordance with OCHA/UNDP rules and regulations through the implementation and management of an appropriate inventory management system, recording acquisitions and disposals for all Sub Offices
- Recommendations and guidance provided in the estimation of office equipment and supplies requirements for budgetary and procurement planning purposes.
- Supervise the Procurement, Administration and HR associate staff as well as the logistics Assistant and drivers
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (masters or the equivalent) in business administration, accounting or in a similarly related field
- Professional qualifications in finance/accounting/Administration and knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations are added advantage
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in business/public administration at a senior level, providing management and financial advisory services, managing staff and operational systems and establishing partnerships, ideally including experience with the UN or other international organizations.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of e-mail and MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Fluency in English is required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.