Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Head of Base will be responsible for ensuring that the necessary support is provided to the programs in terms of HR, Log and Admin in an effective and efficient manner as per ACF policies. He/She will support the Field Coordinator to ensure the safety and security of all ACF staff, locations, and assets. As determined by the Field Co, the HoB may need to represent ACF, its Mandate and activities to external actors and participate in humanitarian and governmental fora as appropriate. The HoB will ensure that ACF staff, and operations in all covered areas, apply the ACF Mandate, Charter and Code of Conduct, as well as operational and internal policies and regulations.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• Assist the Field co to insure safety/security of ACF personnel and assets
• Overall Management of the Support to Programs
• Ensure proper base Administration & Finance
• Ensure proper Human Resources management
• Ensure proper base Logistics
• Give appropriate line management and support to the Support staff.
Bachelor level degree in management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• 3+ years of experience in an INGO in positions of progressively more responsibility and scope, in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics
• Experience with donor-funded programs
• Proven experience in contexts with volatile security and safety issues.
• Experience supervising others
• Exceptional organization and planning skills
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote cohesion, bring diverse teams, staff and peer-level colleagues into alignment around work plans and organizational objectives
• Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
• Excellent drafting and written skills.
• Previous management experience, including management of multiple teams/departments
• Previous ACF experience
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 24th May, 2015 will not be considered.