The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) - Since its creation in 1863, the ICRC's sole objective has been to ensure protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and strife. It does so through its direct action around the world, as well as by encouraging the development of international humanitarian law (IHL) and promoting respect for it by governments and all weapon bearers. Its story is about the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
- Assists the ICRC Health Delegate in running ICRC Primary Health Care PHC)
- Organises and implements midwifery training together with ICRC Reproductive Health (RH) focal person
- Participates with emergency responses in the field
- Participate to the organizations of seminars
- Replaces other Field Officers whenever necessary.
- Provides support to the field activities in any sub delegation whenever needed.
Required Qualification and Experience
- A medical doctor with 3 years Primary Health related experience with knowledge in Reproductive Health
- Fluent in Hausa, Fulani and very good command in written and spoken English
- Excellent knowledge of Nigeria health system and in particular the Adamawa State
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Able to use Microsoft office efficiently
- Team leadership skills, with interest in teaching and facilitation of the learning process
- Experience working with an International Organizaton is an asset
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organisational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should send their application letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to:
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
ICRC Yola Office,
No 5 Girei Street,
The Administrator ICRC Maiduguri Office,
House no. 7 Bifam Road,
Off Circular Road (Damboa Junction),
- Please clearly indicate "Medical Field Officer" on your envelope
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale