StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is into Energy and power generation.
Main Purpose of the Position (including reporting structure):
Reporting to Technical Manager, CESN – Technical Support Group
Provide technical support to the sales and projects teams for the evaluation and design of distributed power generation and co-generation systems in the range 2-20 MW at voltages up to 33kV
- Provide technical support for evaluation and design on the electrical aspects of heat recovery and distributed generation systems that meet customer requirements.
- Optimise overall electrical systems designs for power generation and co-generation schemes to create best value, fit-for-purpose solutions that meet customer requirements
- Prepare competitive proposals and deliver systems that meet specifications and schedule.
- Designs, develops and contributes to the following design responsibilities:
- Control topologies
- Functional design specifications
- Develops I/O schedules
- Contributes to the development and review of system P&IDs
- Single line electrical system diagrams
- Protection / load flow / grading studies.
- Written design specifications for all electrical equipment Balance of Plant
- Production and review of system / equipment Data Sheets
- Review suppliers drawings / schematics
- Produce project cable design documents
- Produce installation technical specifications
- Statements of Requirements
- Technical Risk Assessments – ATEX/HAZOP/SAP etc.
- Prepare electrical systems designs for the CAD draughtsman
- Provide technical support and advice to the sales and projects teams.
- Attending customer / client / supplier meetings as required, including:
- Support of the BDM’s in meetings with their customers
- Participation in project review meetings
- Inspection & testing of key deliverables from equipment and service providers, as required prior to release of equipment
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet customer requirements
- Interact with suppliers to identify and meet best available technology
- Recommendations of suppliers / equipment to Projects and Procurement.
- System problem identification and resolution, should problems occur during execution of projects.
- Keeps up to date with the latest relevant engineering standards and recommendations, to ensure client solutions designs are fit for purpose.
- Some on-site time reviewing installation against design intent, during installation phase will be required.
- A thorough knowledge of power generation systems, especially reciprocating engine mechanical, electrical, acoustical and installation disciplines, for based and small gas turbine power plants, used for base load, peaking and co-generation applications.
- Broad application knowledge is required across the range of generator set applications, in both diesel and gas powered equipment.
- Demonstrated competency with load profiling & power analysis
- Demonstrated competency in distributed generation electrical power systems
- Demonstrated capability in power distribution system equipment selection
- Demonstrated competency in cable scheduling
- Demonstrated competency in generator and distribution systems protection
- Knowledge of parallel operation of electrical systems, generator to generator and generator to utility
- Knowledge of transformers, lv & mv switchgear, neutral earthing equipment and their application in power generation / distribution systems
- Knowledge of electrical control systems of mechanical Balance of Plant items
- Knowledge of the application of PLCs in control systems
- Technical and business skills to evaluate alternative technologies and designs
- Excellent communication skills to share experience provide advice and encourage creativity in cross-functional teams
- 7-10 years’ experience in design and / or operations in power generation industry
- BS Electrical Engineering or relevant experience
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘DESIGN /ELECTRICAL’ as the title of your application. Incorrect titled applications will not be opened. Submission closes 25th May, 2015. Only experienced candidates will be invited for interviews.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale