Lafarge Group - Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Business Unit: WAPCO Operations
Job Type Permanent
- Efficiently Operate and develop the Quarry for the Provision and Supply of all Raw materials needed for Cement Manufacturing, being responsible for the overall activities within the quarry and co-ordination of quarry operations with other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Quarry Manager oversees the day-to-day operational details of routine work, administrative matters and reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Ensuring the exploitation and supply of the basic raw materials (limestone), which meets the factory requirements for the production of clinker.
- Ensuring that all safety rules and regulations in the Mines manual containing Mineral Act Cap 121 of 1946 are strictly adhered to in the operational environment to record a zero accident occurrence.
- Monitoring the activities of the overburden contractors engaged in the overburden removal to abide by the lay down procedure for the operation.
- Monitoring and inspecting the perimeter drainage and the quarry face drainage to avoid flooding. Also, supplying enough water to the process and cooling water tanks for the raw milling process.
- Monitoring and maintaining the overburden tip restoration process (planting trees) to stabilize the tips and serves as screen to the blasting noise.
- Effective cost evaluation of the quarry operations to meet the international standards. Comparing actual cost with the budgeted cost. (Budget planning and budgetary control).
- Ensuring that scheduled maintenance is carried out on all quarry plants as at when due to avoid major breakdown.
- The Quarry Manager prepares the annual capital and revenue budgets for the department and monitors/controls costs by attending the Plant Budgetary Control Meetings.
- The Quarry Manager ensures the inventory of all explosives and its accessories to assure accountability and to raise the departmental requisition when re-ordering level is attained.
- To appraise the immediate subordinate(s).
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Essential & Desirable Skills -Degree in Mining Engineering/Geology or Equivalent.
- Registered with Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geo sciences and Nigerian Society of Mining Engineer.
- Must have 4 - 6 years mining/quarry experience.
- Must have knowledge in-mining/geomapping and raw mix logic simulation.
- Must have high level of problem solving to define solutions for quarry operations.
- Must have good knowledge of drilling, blasting and crushing operations.
- Must have good interpersonal relationship.
- Must have ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Must be a good listener and have high level of organization skills.
- Must have an alert mind and patience.
- Must be logical in reasoning and approach to issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have Analytical Skills
- Must have knowledge of safety skills
- Must have good response for training and information dissemination
- Must have ability to detect training needs, plan and develop subordinates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale