Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a M&E Assistant for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Jos- Plateau State
Working as part of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) unit in the country office, assist in the collection of data and information from the program participants at designated periods throughout the program cycle, according to established M&E guidelines and standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in community assessment and pre-selection of new participants and collect and record information as required.
- Assist in the enrollment of women into the program and submit a report of specific observations about the process, highlighting any errors to be corrected in subsequent enrollments.
- Complete the Baseline Forms for all new participants as they enroll in the program.
- Participate in Focus Group discussions with participants for mid-term training assessment, and submit a report with findings, as well as any pertinent observations about the focus group process.
- Work with women to collect other data and information as needed, for example, case studies, success stories, and ad-hoc information requests from headquarters or sponsors.
- Participate in any special monitoring visits, evaluations or impact studies as required.
- Complete End line forms for all participants as they are finishing their program cycle and submit a report on each of the evaluated groups of women.
- Complete Graduate Follow-Up Forms for a select sample of women one and two years after their graduation from the program.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a Diploma in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably in data collection.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in the field.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email; database skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and local languages skills required (reading, writing and speaking); Hausa language is complusory.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a CV not more than 4 pages with cover letter as one document to: email@example.com
Please state (M&E Assistant) in the Subject line. Application deadline: April 30th, 2014. Due to urgency of the recruitment, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer the positions before the closing date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale