Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a M&E Assistant for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Jos- Plateau State
Working as part of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) unit in the country office, assist in the collection of data and information from the program participants at designated periods throughout the program cycle, according to established M&E guidelines and standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in community assessment and pre-selection of new participants and collect and record information as required.
- Assist in the enrollment of women into the program and submit a report of specific observations about the process, highlighting any errors to be corrected in subsequent enrollments.
- Complete the Baseline Forms for all new participants as they enroll in the program.
- Participate in Focus Group discussions with participants for mid-term training assessment, and submit a report with findings, as well as any pertinent observations about the focus group process.
- Work with women to collect other data and information as needed, for example, case studies, success stories, and ad-hoc information requests from headquarters or sponsors.
- Participate in any special monitoring visits, evaluations or impact studies as required.
- Complete End line forms for all participants as they are finishing their program cycle and submit a report on each of the evaluated groups of women.
- Complete Graduate Follow-Up Forms for a select sample of women one and two years after their graduation from the program.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a Diploma in Social Sciences, Social Work or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably in data collection.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Ability and willingness to travel and spend significant time in the field.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email; database skills an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and local languages skills required (reading, writing and speaking); Hausa language is complusory.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a CV not more than 4 pages with cover letter as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state (M&E Assistant) in the Subject line. Application deadline: April 30th, 2014. Due to urgency of the recruitment, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer the positions before the closing date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.