ensuring that mission safety & security issues are effectively addressed, thereby allowing project teams to focus on their work tackling the root causes of hunger in Nigeria. You will work closely with the Country Director, Field Coordinators & Logistics Coordinator on all aspects of the mission’s safety & security management.
You’re a seasoned humanitarian aid worker
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, security management, humanitarian action, international relations or a related field.
- You have 3 years’ experience managing team safety & security in volatile contexts, as well as practical training in leading the security function for humanitarian aid organizations.
- You are familiar with field-based communications systems like HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite & internet systems.
You’re a very capable communicator
- You enjoy working with strong, committed teams, including colleagues who do not speak your language fluently. You like the challenge of helping teams find ways to work where ACF’s activities will have the most impact.
- You are comfortable explaining complex policies & procedures simply, in non-technical terms. You are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust & calm within the team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You remain handle highly stressful situations with composure & are able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to build relationships with external actors while ensuring that ACF’s humanitarian principles & program needs are clearly understood.
being the focal point in providing technical support and recommendations on program development at all stages of the project cycle to nutrition team members; in designing, monitoring, and reporting program activities; and in representing ACF Pakistan Nutrition department during working group meetings.
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters/M-Phil) preferably in Human Nutrition, medical sciences or social sciences
- You have at least 4 years experience of nutrition programs at national coordination level and experience with capacity building of health systems in developing contexts.
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are fluent in English, Urdu and have basic understanding of Pakistan Provincial languages.
- You have the ability to work in a mainstreamed manner and analyze/capitalize institutionalized information.
You’re passionate to develop Nutrition interventions
- You have significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances is an asset.
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance. Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, OCHA, CIDA, EU, DFID, USAID, etc.)