Box and Cedar is recruiting for an Insurance company the positions below:
Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation;
Risk assessment, which involves analyzing & identifying risk, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so
Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in insurance, accounting, or finance.
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially outlook, excel, and power point.
Ability to coordinate and lead brokerage personnel through projects and closure of open issues.
Ability to effectively convey risk management philosophy to both internal and external parties.
Ability to analyze historical process, modify it for efficiency, and implement the resultant change.
Ability to work cross functional and maintain an effective working relationship with other groups including Human Resources, Safety, Accounting, Operational Management and Legal.
Strong analytical skills with acute mathematical/actuarial skills.
Working knowledge of the many varied available insurance and alternative risk-financing products including traditional fully insured plans.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Leads cash management transactions, including tracking objectives.
Oversees all payment processing to ensure that deadlines are met efficiently.
Reviews audit files and accounts preparation.
Prepares detailed financial budgets and forecasts
Implements and operates systems and procedures
Ensure the integrity of accounting information.
Good University degree, ACCA/ICAN
Working knowledge of cash-flow forecasting
Minimum eight years experience, three in a senior position
Overseas and monitors underwriting functions of the company
Analyses risk and determines underwriting terms and conditions of cover
Provides risk management functions
Liaises with clients and brokers for proper underwriting and management of all policies/accounts
Ensures uniformity in the preparation of policies,certificates and endorsements issued by the company and submits underwriting quarterly reports to NAICOM
Good university degree, ACIIN, ANIM and an MBA is an added advantage
Minimum eight years relevant experience, three in a senior position in underwriting
• Arranges Reinsurance Programmes/Placement
• Prepares and renders quarterly Reinsurance Treaty & technical/adjustment Account
• Prepares Reinsurance Dept. Monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual report for Management’s review
• Serves as principal negotiator, coordinator, liaison and resource for all departments
• Provides direct or matrix supervision to Reinsurance Administrator, Reinsurance Consultant, Reinsurance Analyst.
A good university degree, CIIN
· Collating, checking and analysing spreadsheet data
· Examining company accounts and financial control systems
· Gauging levels of financial risk within organisations
· Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
· Ensuring that assets are safeguarded
· Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made
· Preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements
· Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
· Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
· Undertaking reviews of wages
· Attending meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes;
· Travelling to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information;
Knowledge & Skills:
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· A keen interest in the financial system
· Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
· Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
· Strong IT skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
To apply for any of these positions, click here