New Job Opportunity at VSO Nigeria
Posted on: 16 March, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at VSO
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Gender Advisor will serve as the lead in identifying gender-based constraints facing women in the targeted communities and steering program activities to directly address these issues. S/he will be expected to engage with all areas of program implementation to ensure gender mainstreaming practices are being utilized.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- You have a university degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies or similar degree required
- You have 8 years’ work experience with gender development project
- You have working experience with value chains, food security, nutrition, climate change, access to rural finance, and agribusiness development.
- You have a high level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with, local communities, partner staff, and policy makers
- You are Flexible and willing to travel to difficult environments to complete program assignments.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well in a team
- Speak Fluent in English
Method of Application
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VSOSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Finance/Admin Officer at Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- Administrative Assistant at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Opportunities at Crown Agents USA
- Programme Coordinator at Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD)
- Programme Coordinator at the Nigerian Women's Trust Fund (NWTF)
- Polio Data Manager at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Application Analyst at FHI 360