GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business.
ECDP-SSA is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online trainings. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to learn and understand how use operating tools such as hperion to compile sales history for the region; tender for new businesses; understand and develop relationships with customers; monitor sales force and onboard new customers; develop a comprehensive market and customer data base; launch business products in an operating countries and execute sales processes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Job Segments: Social Media, Engineer, Energy, Pipeline, Nuclear, Marketing, Engineering
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) at GE Power & Water develops sales and commercial leaders through challenging rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in challenging commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Power & Water’s products and customers, while also making significant contributions to the business
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with four six-month rotations within the commercial functions of GE Power & Water
- Exposure to a number of Energy businesses, products, and leaders
- World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online training
- World-class CLP Program
- Personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments
- Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Strong networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world
- Business depth within commercial functions of GE Power & Water
- Preparation of contract documentation (sales contracts, specs, technical specs)
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
- Development of competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance, to support the Sales team in the region
- Understand local market dynamics
- Identification and management of commercial risks across the project scope
- Responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation management
- Personal world-class training – online, hands-on, and in the Classroom
* Engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, Systems or Industrial Engineering
* Required experience as 2 -
3.5 years’ work experience in related industry preferred in sales and commercial operations
* Internship, co-op, or full-time work experience in sales and/or the power generation business
* Academic excellence
* Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
* Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
* The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Geographic mobility - Relevant work permit or work authorization required
* Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter
* A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
* Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Outstanding academic achievements (Top 25% of class) · Interest in sales · Geographic flexibility and global mindset · Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills · Strong analytical and problem solving skills · Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
Job Segments: Curriculum, Engineer, Electrical, Intern, Social Media, Education, Engineering, Entry Level, Marketing
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.