RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The overall responsibility of the position is to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls and comply with the terms of the agreement.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide functional support for RTI's finance and accounting function
- Accounting/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the RTI home office
- Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure it is compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement
- Prepare the staff payroll in compliance to all statutory law
- Manage grants financial management, in coordination with the Grants/Alliances Manager and submit final review to director of finance
- Maintain inventory tracking system and does periodic reviews to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement
- Reconcile cash and bank accounts for field offices
- Posting of all transaction in the Quick Books
- Perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts
- Manage petty cash accounts
- Submit report of the findings to regional controller
- Recommend necessary ideas based on the review findings to regional controller to improve quality of reporting
- Provide training materials for field finance staff
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree with a professional Accounting training or a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant.
- An MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years' working experience in the accounting/finance field
- At least one year of experience working for a USAID project is desirable
- Managerial experience is desirable
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable.
- QuickBooks proficiency would be a plus;
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position
- Deadline oriented.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.